Velocity Reviews

-   -   XML for time trace experimental data (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t168345-xml-for-time-trace-experimental-data.html)

Phony Account 12-01-2004 11:08 PM

XML for time trace experimental data

Hi,

I have some time dependent temperature traces that I would like to
encode in XML. I came up with a definition, and DTD, but I'm wondering
if someone, (maybe a manufacturer like Omega, Agilent, Tektronix), has
already published a ML for time traces. For example, oscilloscope
traces. Or for experimental (or numeric) data in general.

Thanks,

Mirko, Albany, NY

arnold m. slotnik 12-03-2004 09:06 PM

Re: XML for time trace experimental data

Phony Account <phaccount@nycap.rr.com> wrote in

> I have some time dependent temperature traces that I would like
> to encode in XML. I came up with a definition, and DTD, but I'm
> wondering if someone, (maybe a manufacturer like Omega, Agilent,
> Tektronix), has already published a ML for time traces. For
> example, oscilloscope traces. Or for experimental (or numeric)
> data in general.

TDML (Timing Diagram Markup Language) might give you what you want.

--
a. m. slotnik

Scott Seidman 12-03-2004 11:17 PM

Re: XML for time trace experimental data

"arnold m. slotnik" <amslotnik@verizon.net> wrote in

> Phony Account <phaccount@nycap.rr.com> wrote in
>
>> I have some time dependent temperature traces that I would like
>> to encode in XML. I came up with a definition, and DTD, but I'm
>> wondering if someone, (maybe a manufacturer like Omega, Agilent,
>> Tektronix), has already published a ML for time traces. For
>> example, oscilloscope traces. Or for experimental (or numeric)
>> data in general.

> TDML (Timing Diagram Markup Language) might give you what you want.

I have a slew of analog data streams in binary that I'd love to store in
a self-defining structure, but XML doesn't seem well suited. Will TDML
work? It seems largely digital. Can anyone offer advice?

Scott