Velocity Reviews

-   -   LF CR handling (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t167618-lf-cr-handling.html)

Jimmy zhang 08-08-2004 07:56 PM

LF CR handling

I was reading XML 1.0 spec and it appears to me that there is no
mention in the spec itself that CR must be removed so that LF
is the only thing used to signal the end of line (unix convention)
but I was reading another book the other day, which said otherwise.

Can someone help?

Richard Tobin 08-08-2004 08:20 PM

Re: LF CR handling

In article <KzvRc.94618$8_6.10804@attbi_s04>,
Jimmy zhang <jzhang@ximpleware.com> wrote:

>I was reading XML 1.0 spec and it appears to me that there is no
>mention in the spec itself that CR must be removed so that LF
>is the only thing used to signal the end of line

There is: section 2.11. CR, CR-LF and LF all result in LF being
passed to the application. In XML 1.1, NEL and LSEP are also
translated.

-- Richard

Jimmy zhang 08-08-2004 08:52 PM

Re: LF CR handling