Velocity Reviews

-   -   xhtml elements and css (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t167201-xhtml-elements-and-css.html)

=?iso-8859-2?q?Jacek_Sa=B3acki?= 05-31-2004 10:23 PM

xhtml elements and css

I have recently took up development with XML. I`m trying to build static
xhtml pages from xml files.
I have two problems:
1. I created a xslt stylesheet transforming xml to xhtml. I made
template generating header of the xhtml file(i.e. : <html> and
Error reported by XML parser: Expected "</html>" to terminate element
starting on line
Is there any way to avoid this problems?
2. Do you know any methods, tutorials etc showing the way to connect
contents of xhtml pages(generated from xml) with layout(also described in
xml)?

Martin Honnen 06-01-2004 03:18 PM

Re: xhtml elements and css

Jacek Sałacki wrote:

> I have recently took up development with XML. I`m trying to build static
> xhtml pages from xml files.
> I have two problems:
> 1. I created a xslt stylesheet transforming xml to xhtml. I made
> template generating header of the xhtml file(i.e. : <html> and
> Error reported by XML parser: Expected "</html>" to terminate element
> starting on line
> Is there any way to avoid this problems?

Not really, you need to have the enclosing <html></html> in one
template, then you could have templates to create the <head> section and
the <body> section separately.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/