Velocity Reviews

-   -   Beginners XML/XSLT question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t167050-beginners-xml-xslt-question.html)

Greg 05-06-2004 03:11 PM

Beginners XML/XSLT question

I am beginning the process of writing a XSLT for XML to CSV. Is it
possible to do this so that many XML files produce one CSV file?

Thanks!
Greg

Martin Honnen 05-06-2004 04:05 PM

Re: Beginners XML/XSLT question

Greg wrote:

> I am beginning the process of writing a XSLT for XML to CSV. Is it
> possible to do this so that many XML files produce one CSV file?

Yes, XSLT 1.0 applies one XSLT stylesheet to one main XML source file
but you can access other XML documents using the function named document
e.g.
<xsl:for-each select="document('whatever.xml')//*">
see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document

--

Martin Honnen