Velocity Reviews

-   -   NITF to HTML how? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t166977-nitf-to-html-how.html)

Nina 04-23-2004 09:07 PM

NITF to HTML how?

Hello, I have been given the project to convert NITF files to HTML. We
already convert RSS-RDF files to HTML on a linux system and it was quite
easy using the tutorial at webreference
http://www.webreference.com/perl/tutorial/8/

It worked out something like this

perl -MCPAN -e "install XML::Parser"
perl -MCPAN -e "install XML::RSS

rss2html.pl (input xml file) > (output html)

Essentially we are looking at doing the same keep it simple task in
converting NITF to HTML. So far we have tried these two scripts below but
they crap out with syntax errors. http://www.townnews.com/contrib/NITF.html
, http://search.cpan.org/~dmegg/XMLNew...TMLTemplate.pm.
Not sure what part of puzzle I might be missing with them.

Anyone have a good perl script or a link to a site that converts NITF files
to HTML as simple as the RSS conversion above?

Thanks in advance.

Nina

Johannes Koch 04-26-2004 08:15 AM

Re: NITF to HTML how?

Nina wrote:
> Anyone have a good perl script or a link to a site that converts NITF files
> to HTML as simple as the RSS conversion above?

Do you have an XSLT engine available? I wrote some XSLT for transforming
NITF.
--
Johannes Koch
(Te Deum, 4th cent.)

mike 04-27-2004 04:44 PM

Re: NITF to HTML how?

HI REGARD :
may i construct my system use jtidy?....
put the source and output in the same server?!....

BEST REGARDS....

by mike liu

Patrick O'Lone 05-15-2004 09:22 PM

Re: NITF to HTML how?

Nina,

This script:

http://www.townnews.com/contrib/NITF.html

Is a highlighted example of the XML_NITF parser for PHP, not Perl. The
official release is on the PEAR web site, at http://pear.php.net.

Regards,

Patrick O'Lone
polone@townnews.com