Velocity Reviews

-   -   transform HTML form data to XML string (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t166965-transform-html-form-data-to-xml-string.html)

Matt 04-22-2004 02:16 AM

transform HTML form data to XML string

I have a html form, and I want to transform html form data to xml
string. Given XSD (xml schema), how to transform the form data to xml
string?

Martin Honnen 04-22-2004 11:06 AM

Re: transform HTML form data to XML string

Matt wrote:

> I have a html form, and I want to transform html form data to xml
> string. Given XSD (xml schema), how to transform the form data to xml
> string?

Where do you want to process the HTML form data, on the client or on the
server?
With client side JavaScript you can loop through the elements in a form
and collect the data and build an XML string.
On the server languages/environments like PHP, ASP, JSP all allow you to
process form data and have (different levels of) XML support that should
allow you to create an XML document string.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/