Velocity Reviews

-   -   XForms viewer recommendation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t166900-xforms-viewer-recommendation.html)

Victor Engmark 04-14-2004 07:48 AM

XForms viewer recommendation

I need a viewer for XForms which:
- is client-side (Chiba works great, but it requires a JSP container)
- supports
- binding nodesets (I'm having a bit of trouble with this in X-Smiles)
- the <group> tag
- the <repeat> tag
- validating input according to the model "schema" attribute

--
Victor Engmark

Koen De Wolf 04-15-2004 06:58 AM

Re: XForms viewer recommendation

Did you try Formsplayer? (www.formsplayer.com/)

Best Regards,

Koen De Wolf

--
Multimedia Lab
Ghent University - ELIS

Victor Engmark 04-15-2004 07:23 AM

Koen De Wolf wrote:

> Did you try Formsplayer? (www.formsplayer.com/)

Yes, and thanks! It seems to have crude support for the tags I need. But
it has quite a few problems itself:
- Memory usage rises fast with increasing source file size (A 2.36 MB
file made IE go up to ~150 MB RAM use, with swapping and a few minutes
load time as a result)
- It doesn't seem to support any except the most basic CSS
(background-color works on some elements, display:table etc. doesn't)
- It only supports IE6
- those $#&#$% fP icons all over the place.

Tips on how to circumvent any of these problems would be most welcome.

--
Victor Engmark