Velocity Reviews

-   -   XML Schema namespace prefix? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t166347-xml-schema-namespace-prefix.html)

Laurens 01-02-2004 04:24 PM

XML Schema namespace prefix?

Hi,

Which one is preferred: "xs" or "xsd"?

I'm just getting started with XML Schemas. Both prefixes seem to be used
widely, at least in the example documents I came across. Currently I code my
schemas in JEdit. I'd like the prefix to stay the same if someone edits the
schema in, for instance, a GUI-based designer.

Thanks
-Laurens

Martin Honnen 01-02-2004 04:32 PM

Re: XML Schema namespace prefix?

Laurens wrote:

> Which one is preferred: "xs" or "xsd"?
>
> I'm just getting started with XML Schemas. Both prefixes seem to be used
> widely, at least in the example documents I came across.

Define your prefix and use it, I don't think there are any suggestions
what to use. I tend to use xs saving me on typing the 'd'.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/