Velocity Reviews

-   -   FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t165750-fwd-try-on-that-corrective-package-from-the-ms-corporation.html)

Tegger® 09-30-2003 03:08 PM

SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

abuse@so-net.ne.jp

--
TeGGeR®

Rob Maxwell 10-02-2003 06:38 AM

Re: SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

"Tegger$B%g(B" <teggeratistopdotcom@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote in message
news:Xns9406717FC2456teggeratistop@66.11.168.195.. .
> "Tomoaki Ikeuchi" <zgfifqriihoa_aqhrsv@nuky.com> pontificated in
>
> > --jjlmgdlsvupmyz
> > --ddwkffjpyno
> > MS User
> >
> > this is the latest version of security update, the

> abuse@so-net.ne.jp

Don't waste your time. It was an automated zombie post in which the "sender"
had no involvement. He does need to get the well-known trojan off his
computer. Well, him and hundreds of other victims fueling these robo-posts. :/

As for you, you should know better. Opening any post or email about a
Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer patch is an invitation to infect yourself
with this trojan. The only, repeat only, place to get patches for any
Microsoft program is www.microsoft.com and its Windows Update/Office
Update/TechNet Security services.

-Rob
(Who watches his B.I. Index spike as high as the number of these trojan emails
he's still receiving.)

Norton AntiVirus definitely helps, too.

Tegger® 10-02-2003 11:31 AM

Re: SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

"Rob Maxwell" <robu-san@excite.com> pontificated in

> "Tegger$B%g(B" <teggeratistopdotcom@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote
> in message news:Xns9406717FC2456teggeratistop@66.11.168.195.. .
>> "Tomoaki Ikeuchi" <zgfifqriihoa_aqhrsv@nuky.com> pontificated in
>>
>> > --jjlmgdlsvupmyz
>> > --ddwkffjpyno
>> > MS User
>> >
>> > this is the latest version of security update, the

>> abuse@so-net.ne.jp

> Don't waste your time. It was an automated zombie post in which the
> "sender" had no involvement. He does need to get the well-known trojan
> off his computer. Well, him and hundreds of other victims fueling
> these robo-posts. :/

That domain is the one that allowed itself to be used as a conduit for the
zombie. Emailing abuse is a good idea, even if they don't give a flying
f***, as most don't seem to.

> As for you, you should know better. Opening any post or email about a
> Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer patch is an invitation to infect
> yourself with this trojan. The only, repeat only, place to get patches
> for any Microsoft program is www.microsoft.com and its Windows
> Update/Office Update/TechNet Security services.

I did not open it, except in a text-only newsreader. That message contains
IMG SRCs in the HTML part. My relabelling the spam was an attempt to
prevent people from getting curious and clicking it anyway.

> -Rob
> (Who watches his B.I. Index spike as high as the number of these
> trojan emails he's still receiving.)
>
> Norton AntiVirus definitely helps, too.

I don't use anti-virus. A good hardware firewall and some common sense will
do you better than anti-virus. And a good ISP that filters out obviously
infected messages.

--
TeGGeR®