Velocity Reviews

-   -   Post XML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164951-post-xml.html)

Robyn Mylius 06-25-2003 05:59 AM

Post XML

might seem like a dumb question but does anyone know how i can post XML from
the browser to the server, in just an ordanary HTML (derived from XML) page.
Flash can do it so i assume that there must be a way to do it from a
standard html page. i'd prefer not to use ActiveX or Java Applets, but if
that's how it done then so be it.

i need to get a better structure for the data being sent to the cgi script
then the MIME string.

William Garrison 06-25-2003 02:12 PM

Re: Post XML

I still don't get why you want to send XML from a browser. What is the
client doing? Are they modifying the database? Making queries?

Nick Kew 06-25-2003 09:20 PM

Re: Post XML

In article <3ef93a27$0$26638$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au> , one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Robyn Mylius" <rmylius@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> might seem like a dumb question but does anyone know how i can post XML from
> the browser to the server, in just an ordanary HTML (derived from XML) page.

You mean form submission? There are a couple of modules you can
use to decode them and/or present them to your app as XML/XMTP.
Or if you mean file upload of an XML doc, just use mod_upload.

> i need to get a better structure for the data being sent to the cgi script
> then the MIME string.

Erm, if it's CGI, why not just use a CGI library to decode the data?
That's a readymade, tried-and-tested solution.

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html

Robyn Mylius 06-26-2003 03:09 AM

Re: Post XML

what are these modules that can decode the forms and present them as XML
called?