Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Allowing Duplicate IDs - XML Schema (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164940-re-allowing-duplicate-ids-xml-schema.html)

GB 06-24-2003 01:01 PM

Re: Allowing Duplicate IDs - XML Schema

> I'd rename it to "language_code" and remove the ID restriction in the
> schema. Then enforce the relationships through the application layer,
> not this syntactic layer.

That's what I suggested - but it's not ideal. The schema is used by at
least a dozen different apps it would be a bit of a pain to have to
duplicate the code in each place to check this. It would be much nice
if we could enforce this "id integrity" using the schema/parser that
is the only thing in common between all the apps.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Anyone else got any suggestions???