Velocity Reviews

-   -   image problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164890-image-problem.html)

Paul Watt 04-21-2006 09:44 AM

image problem

Hi guys,
I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its a
wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE its
fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block}, I've
tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set line
height to 0. Now what?

http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/

Cheers

--

Paul Watt
http://www.paulwatt.info

Paul Watt 04-21-2006 10:46 AM

Re: image problem

"Paul Watt" <paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its
> a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE
> its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block},
> I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set
> line height to 0. Now what?
>
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
>
> Cheers

Dont worry, sorted it

cheers

Charles Sweeney 04-21-2006 10:59 AM

Re: image problem

Paul Watt wrote

> "Paul Watt" <paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi guys,
>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a
>> login. Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each
>> other. In IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
>> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
>> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
>>
>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Dont worry, sorted it

That's a relief!

--
Charles Sweeney
http://CharlesSweeney.com

Ed Mullen 04-21-2006 04:41 PM

Re: image problem

Paul Watt wrote:
> "Paul Watt" <paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi guys,
>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its
>> a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE
>> its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block},
>> I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set
>> line height to 0. Now what?
>>
>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Dont worry, sorted it
>
> cheers

Umm, you may have fixed it /somewhere/ but not on the link above. Not
for me in the latest releases of Firefox and SeaMonkey.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Matt Probert 04-21-2006 04:41 PM

Re: image problem

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:44:18 +0100, "Paul Watt"
<paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its a
>wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE its
>fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block}, I've
>tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set line
>height to 0. Now what?

Have you tried tables?

</gets coat>

Matt

--
Veritas Vincti
http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com

Matt Probert 04-21-2006 04:42 PM

Re: image problem

On 21 Apr 2006 10:59:59 GMT, Charles Sweeney <me@charlessweeney.com>
wrote:

>Paul Watt wrote
>

>> "Paul Watt" <paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi guys,
>>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a
>>> login. Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each
>>> other. In IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
>>> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
>>> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
>>>
>>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Dont worry, sorted it

>That's a relief!

Thank heavens! I shall be able to sleep tonight, afterall!

Matt

Paul Watt 04-21-2006 05:41 PM

Re: image problem

"Ed Mullen" <ed@edmullen.net> wrote in message
news:TfudnS8CJcrbltTZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Paul Watt wrote:
>> "Paul Watt" <paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi guys,
>>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login.
>>> Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In
>>> IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
>>> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
>>> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
>>>
>>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Dont worry, sorted it
>>
>> cheers

> Umm, you may have fixed it /somewhere/ but not on the link above. Not for
> me in the latest releases of Firefox and SeaMonkey.

fixed on my local copy

paul

axlq 04-21-2006 08:22 PM

Re: image problem

In article <44490ac4.6014687@news.ntlworld.com>,
Matt Probert <Via Usenet ONLY> wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:44:18 +0100, "Paul Watt"
><paulioNOSPAM@wattio.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its a
>>wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE its
>>fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block}, I've
>>tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set line
>>height to 0. Now what?

>Have you tried tables?
>
></gets coat>

Actually that's a good suggestion. I see more consistency between
browsers in the way they display tables than the way they handle
CSS. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to give up on CSS for
layout, I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
compensate for all the differences.

-A

Neredbojias 04-21-2006 11:53 PM

Re: image problem

To further the education of mankind, axlq@spamcop.net (axlq) vouchsafed:

>>Have you tried tables?
>>
>></gets coat>

> Actually that's a good suggestion. I see more consistency between
> browsers in the way they display tables than the way they handle
> CSS. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to give up on CSS for
> layout, I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
> and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
> compensate for all the differences.

Tables can be quite a pain, too. And the standards exist for the primary
reason (-whether the w3c realizes it or not) of making all (general web)
browsers work the same with the same markup. We're parsecs from that
utopean goal which will probably never be reached, but wouldn't it be nice
if you had something like a 98% level of confidence that some splotch of
markup would work identically in all browsers?

Css will evolve. I wouldn't give up too quickly.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.

Jim Moe 04-22-2006 12:32 AM