Velocity Reviews

-   -   hassle with layout (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164722-hassle-with-layout.html)

Paul Watt 04-04-2006 12:56 PM

hassle with layout

Hi,
I'm building a site using css layout and i'm having problems! I can't for
the life of me figure out why the main content cell (white with a black
border) wont line up with the left cell (the one with the menu in). Please
help!

http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/
http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/css/turnlayout.css

Loads of thanks in advance!
Paul

oeb 04-04-2006 01:11 PM

Re: hassle with layout

Paul Watt wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm building a site using css layout and i'm having problems! I can't for
> the life of me figure out why the main content cell (white with a black
> border) wont line up with the left cell (the one with the menu in). Please
> help!
>
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/css/turnlayout.css
>
> Loads of thanks in advance!
> Paul

Try clear: both; in maincontent

GreyWyvern 04-04-2006 01:19 PM

Re: hassle with layout

And lo, Paul Watt didst speak in
alt.html,alt.http://www.webmaster,comp.infosystem...g.stylesheets:

> I can't for
> the life of me figure out why the main content cell (white with a black
> border) wont line up with the left cell (the one with the menu in).
> Please help!
>
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/css/turnlayout.css

The "float:right;" in the .maincontent rule is unnecessary; remove it.

Grey

--
The technical axiom that nothing is impossible sinisterly implies the
pitfall corollary that nothing is ridiculous.

Paul Watt 04-04-2006 02:23 PM

Re: hassle with layout

"GreyWyvern" <spam@greywyvern.com> wrote in message
> And lo, Paul Watt didst speak in
> alt.html,alt.http://www.webmaster,comp.infosystem...g.stylesheets:
>
>> I can't for
>> the life of me figure out why the main content cell (white with a black
>> border) wont line up with the left cell (the one with the menu in).
>> Please help!
>>
>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/
>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/css/turnlayout.css

> The "float:right;" in the .maincontent rule is unnecessary; remove it.
>
> Grey

Cheers Grey, worked a treat :)

Paul

www.paulwatt.info