Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164641-can-i-make-a-flash-object-a-live-link-using-html-instead-of-flash.html)

johnsonholding@yahoo.com 03-27-2006 01:50 AM

Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

The Numerator 03-27-2006 04:16 AM

Re: Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

Try this:

<object src="flash.swf">
<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="http://www.mysite.com/">
<!-- Replace http://www.mysite.com/ with your link -->
</object>

Use the object tag instead of the embed tag. I'm pretty sure the embed
tag doesn't follow W3C rules. I used this parameter for an applet, so
I'm not sure if it would work, but it should. Don't forget to add the
other parameters. Hope it works! Good luck!

johnsonholding@yahoo.com 03-27-2006 04:25 AM

Re: Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

No it doesn't work, thanks though...

Matt Clara 03-27-2006 07:59 PM

<johnsonholding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1143424226.690458.146780@e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...
> I want to put the <a href> </a> tags around a flash object, but for
> some reason it does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Why not build your link into the flash movie itself?

--
Regards,
Matt Clara

johnsonholding@yahoo.com 03-27-2006 08:53 PM

Re: Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
something new.

The Numerator 03-27-2006 09:52 PM

Re: Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

Oh, I see the mistake. You have to modify the actual flash file to do
that. Sorry, because the parameter I gave you works only on my applet,
because the file was configured.

Travis Newbury 03-28-2006 01:32 PM

Re: Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash?

johnsonholding@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am using SwishMax and I don't really know how to do that, but I do
> know how to do the html - so I was trying to save the time learning
> something new.

Man what an open door for hatter, our resident swishMax user...

You could invest 10 minutes of your life and open swichMax, then press
F1, then search for "create link" My guess (knowing how simple
swishMax is) you add a new layer with a HUGE "box" convert to a
movieclip (I think they call them sprites in swishMax) turn the alpha
to 0 (make it invisible) and add a link to it. So you are in essence
makeing a huge invisible button.

beo 02-08-2009 07:48 AM

Making a flash object clickable

I have intergrated a flash advertising element to my site, and want to
make the entire flash object clickable.

I want advertisers to be able to upload their flash movies (banner ad) to
my site, but want to have the link stored in our database, so that we
can count the click-throughs, so intergrating the link within the flash
code is not an option.

Any ideas on how I can go about doing this?

SABOND21 02-09-2012 05:33 AM

I have the same problem and still I have no answer ;(