Velocity Reviews

-   -   allignment (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164611-allignment.html)

James 03-24-2006 06:24 AM

allignment

how can I have something left justified and something else right justified
on the same line using css and not tables?

Mark Parnell 03-24-2006 06:27 AM

Re: allignment

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, James <null@null.com>
declared in alt.html:

> how can I have something left justified and something else right justified
> on the same line using css and not tables?

Floats.

--
Mark Parnell
Thankyou blinkynet!

Roy Schestowitz 03-24-2006 11:52 AM

Re: allignment

__/ [ Mark Parnell ] on Friday 24 March 2006 06:27 \__

> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, James <null@null.com>
> declared in alt.html:
>
>> how can I have something left justified and something else right justified
>> on the same line using css and not tables?

> Floats.

If you provide a visual example (URL), it might be easier to suggest a
practical solution.

> Mark Parnell
> Thankyou blinkynet!
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Ditto. I read it for the first time a few days ago. It has strong impact.

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-24-2006 02:59 PM

Re: allignment

James wrote:

> how can I have something left justified and something else right justified
> on the same line using css and not tables?

You could examine the markup and CSS on this page of mine.
http://k75s.home.att.net/banner.html

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Toby Inkster 03-24-2006 10:02 PM

Re: allignment

http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/floatyfloaty

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

dorayme 03-25-2006 01:27 AM

Re: allignment

In article <rr6ef3-eb2.ln1@ophelia.g5n.co.uk>,
Toby Inkster <usenet200603@tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:

> James wrote:
>
> > how can I have something left justified and something else right justified
> > on the same line using css and not tables?

> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/floatyfloaty

btw... I liked the border idea, neither groove nor ridge and
nicer really... And likely would be more consistent over
browsers...

--
dorayme