Velocity Reviews

-   -   SMS payments for website (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164583-sms-payments-for-website.html)

Jemdam.com 03-21-2006 11:37 PM

SMS payments for website

Hi,

I have paypal and a full merchant system for my website but I would like to
add sms mobile phone payments for my digital downloads at
http://www.pubtricks.com as this would be a good complement to my existing
payment methods.

I wanted to know if anyone has used an SMS payment system and if you could
recommend a company to use. From first impressions they seem to charge 50%
which seems very high.

Any details and information would be great.

Thanks,

David

Gernot Frisch 03-22-2006 10:09 AM

Re: SMS payments for website

> I wanted to know if anyone has used an SMS payment system and if you
> could
> recommend a company to use. From first impressions they seem to
> charge 50% which seems very high.

I think - not 100% sure - you have to get a phone number (as +49 137
xxxx, or 11xxx in Germany) from your phone company. You pay for this
number, but when someone calls/SMSs this number, you _get_ money.
Then, you have the phone number of the caller and can return a code
using SMS service. It's quite expensive for low user products.
Pays when you sell stuff like crazyfrog and make TV-commercials.
(Better get the website x-browser compatible before doing that) ;)

Jemdam.com 03-22-2006 10:39 PM

Re: SMS payments for website