Velocity Reviews

-   -   am I or is IE going crazy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164343-am-i-or-is-ie-going-crazy.html)

windandwaves 02-28-2006 03:56 AM

am I or is IE going crazy

Hi Gurus

I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the centre
with margin-right, it moves double the specified area. When I use padding,
it only does the specified distance.

The same thing does not apply to Firefox.

To see an example go to

http://www.matterhorn.co.nz/test/live.php

for the logo (the funny M), if I #mhl {padding-right: 25px;} it is all good,
but with #mhl {margin-right: 25px;} it moves 50pixels....

TIA

> Nicolaas

What is going on?

TIA

W˙rm 02-28-2006 04:15 AM

Re: am I or is IE going crazy

"windandwaves" <winandwaves@coldmail.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:YRPMf.198$JZ1.13759@news.xtra.co.nz...

> Hi Gurus
>
> I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the
> centre with margin-right, it moves double the specified area.

Maybe you are being plagued by Internet Explorer double margin bug. See more
about that (and solutions) in
http://www.positioniseverything.net/...ed-margin.html

<snip>

windandwaves 02-28-2006 10:01 AM

Re: am I or is IE going crazy

W˙rm wrote:
> "windandwaves" <winandwaves@coldmail.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:YRPMf.198$JZ1.13759@news.xtra.co.nz...
>
>> Hi Gurus
>>
>> I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the
>> centre with margin-right, it moves double the specified area.

> Maybe you are being plagued by Internet Explorer double margin bug.
> See more about that (and solutions) in
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/...ed-margin.html
>
> <snip>

Thank you..... I think that is it!