Velocity Reviews

-   -   Test site in IE5.5 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164245-test-site-in-ie5-5-a.html)

Anne 02-15-2006 03:23 PM

Test site in IE5.5

Could someone take a look at www.lievedejonghe.be in IE5.5, please?
(emailed screenshots welcome). I hope it looks good.. in IE5.5.
Thx in advance.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 02-15-2006 03:41 PM

Re: Test site in IE5.5

Anne wrote:

> Could someone take a look at www.lievedejonghe.be in IE5.5, please?
> (emailed screenshots welcome). I hope it looks good.. in IE5.5.

No IE5.5 here, but you must immediately do something about that
half-megabyte background picture.

On http://www.lievedejonghe.be/en/en.html
you have over *2* megabytes of images.

People on dialup will never stick around long enough to see your site.

New documents should be using a Doctype of Strict, not Transitional.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Martin Jay 02-15-2006 07:44 PM

Re: Test site in IE5.5

In message <1140017027.153166.102940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups .com>, Anne
<jonckheere@gmail.com> writes
>Could someone take a look at www.lievedejonghe.be in IE5.5, please?
>(emailed screenshots welcome). I hope it looks good.. in IE5.5.
>Thx in advance.

On a related matter, is it possible to have IE5.5 and IE6 running under
Windows on the same machine at the same time?

At the moment I keep IE5.5 running on a separate machine for testing
purposes.
--
Martin Jay

Jonathan N. Little 02-16-2006 02:40 PM

Re: Test site in IE5.5

Martin Jay wrote:

> In message <1140017027.153166.102940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups .com>, Anne
> <jonckheere@gmail.com> writes
>
>> Could someone take a look at www.lievedejonghe.be in IE5.5, please?
>> (emailed screenshots welcome). I hope it looks good.. in IE5.5.
>> Thx in advance.

> On a related matter, is it possible to have IE5.5 and IE6 running under
> Windows on the same machine at the same time?
>
> At the moment I keep IE5.5 running on a separate machine for testing
> purposes.

I have IE 4.01, 5.01, 5.5, & 6.0, plus numerous non-IE browsers. You can
download from here...

http://browsers.evolt.org/
evolt.org - Browser Archive

--