Velocity Reviews

-   -   php or asp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t163567-php-or-asp.html)

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com 11-29-2005 03:51 PM

php or asp

Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?

Best regards,
arlinda.yoney@realcredits.com
http://www.poweroversoftware.com

oeb 11-29-2005 04:27 PM

Re: php or asp

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:
> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?
>

> Best regards,
> arlinda.yoney@realcredits.com
> http://www.poweroversoftware.com

That depends on many things, such as what platform you are working off,
personal prefrence etc. Personally I use PHP, but then again my servers
are run off linux so ASP.net is not really an option.

For more info
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub.../hull_asp.html
http://www.phpbuddy.com/sub_articles...her_articles=9
http://marty.anstey.ca/programming/php_asp.html
http://forums.asp.net/490327/ShowPost.aspx

As you can see there are some vastly diffrent opinions out there.

oeb

Leif K-Brooks 11-29-2005 09:29 PM

Re: php or asp

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:
> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?

Sort of like asking which is better, a kick in the crotch or a heart attack.

mbstevens 11-29-2005 10:03 PM

Re: php or asp

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:
>
>> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?

> Sort of like asking which is better, a kick in the crotch or a heart attack.

< chuckle! >

Let them be judged by their websites:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...D0%26tabid%3D1
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...www.php.net%2F

Disco Octopus 11-29-2005 10:08 PM

Re: php or asp

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:

> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?
>

> Best regards,
> arlinda.yoney@realcredits.com
> http://www.poweroversoftware.com

Are you only options PHP or ASP? If I had more of a choice, I would go for
Uniface. Less coding, supports more databases, supports more operating
systems, faster to build apps, extremely scalable by nature.

--
movies in WA : http://www.grandcinemas.com.au
beef jerky - good to chew : http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au

Travis Newbury 11-30-2005 12:49 AM

Re: php or asp

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com said:

> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites?

Depends on the server you are working on.

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury 11-30-2005 12:49 AM

Re: php or asp

Leif K-Brooks <eurleif@ecritters.biz> said:

> Sort of like asking which is better, a kick in the crotch or a
> heart attack.

I am going for the heart attack. I have been kicked in the crotch
before...

--
-=tn=-

Disco Octopus 12-01-2005 02:32 AM

Re: php or asp

arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:

> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites

No its not ;)

--
the beef jerky team : http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au/distributors.html
not a beef jerky web site : http://mycoolwheels.com/vote.cmks

Jonathan N. Little 12-01-2005 03:33 AM

Re: php or asp

Disco Octopus wrote:

> arlinda.yoney@booomail.com wrote:
>

>> Witch is the best programing language for dynamic websites

> No its not ;)

Best for spells!

--
Take care,