Velocity Reviews

-   -   Layout versus tabular data. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t163152-layout-versus-tabular-data.html)

Luigi Donatello Asero 10-14-2005 08:39 AM

Layout versus tabular data.

I would like to know whether this table on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one column
for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

hywel.jenkins@gmail.com 10-14-2005 08:40 AM

Re: Layout versus tabular data.

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> I would like to know whether this table on the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one column
> for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

It's tabular. Why do you care?

--
Hywel

Luigi Donatello Asero 10-14-2005 08:48 AM

<hywel.jenkins@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:1129279254.677357.60190@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > I would like to know whether this table on the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> > is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> > There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one

column
> > for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

> It's tabular. Why do you care?

Because it is good to learn the difference.
I would like to put the information relating to country, region and place
and the file names in a database and select them for every picture everyday.
That suggests to me that a tabular design on the homepage seems to suit
better my needs than a layout with <div>.
The problem, though is that I have not learnt properly, yet, how to select
the data from the database after putting them in it.
On the table on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php I selected them
all but how I select only the one which concerns the pictures of one day?

Arne 10-14-2005 09:27 AM

Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

> I would like to know whether this table on the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one column
> for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

You have allready get an answer about the table, so will only comment
on a spelling in the page :)
The "disaktivera" word is not in the Swedsih vocalarity, only a
"swenglish" spelling of the English word. The right translation of
"disactivate" would be "avaktivera". Also "hos din webbläsare" should
be "i din webbläsare".

--
/Arne
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

Luigi Donatello Asero 10-14-2005 09:30 AM

"Arne" <invalid@domain.invalid> skrev i meddelandet
> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>
> > I would like to know whether this table on the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> > is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> > There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one

column
> > for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to
> >

> You have allready get an answer about the table, so will only comment
> on a spelling in the page :)
> The "disaktivera" word is not in the Swedsih vocalarity, only a
> "swenglish" spelling of the English word. The right translation of
> "disactivate" would be "avaktivera". Also "hos din webbläsare" should
> be "i din webbläsare".

On which page?
--
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php

Luigi Donatello Asero 10-14-2005 09:32 AM

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Arne" <invalid@domain.invalid> skrev i meddelandet
> > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to know whether this table on the page
> > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> > > is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> > > There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one

> column
> > > for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to
> > >

> > You have allready get an answer about the table, so will only comment
> > on a spelling in the page :)
> > The "disaktivera" word is not in the Swedsih vocalarity, only a
> > "swenglish" spelling of the English word. The right translation of
> > "disactivate" would be "avaktivera". Also "hos din webbläsare" should
> > be "i din webbläsare".

> On which page?

Ok, I have seen it.

Rincewind 10-14-2005 11:29 AM

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:39:13 GMT, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> I would like to know whether this table on the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one column
> for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

This is a dictionary definition of tabular, <Quote> an arrangement of facts
and numbers in rows or blocks, especially in printed material </Quote>

So make up your own mind, you won't listen to anyone who's answer is
contradictory to what you already think.

JDS 10-14-2005 08:00 PM

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:29:00 +0000, Rincewind wrote:

> So make up your own mind, you won't listen to anyone who's answer is
> contradictory to what you already think.

Ha! You told him! Bing bam boom.

FWIW, *I* think it is *NOT* tabular! So there! HA! Who's right now? Huh?
huh???

Seriously, though, for dio's[1] sake, Luigi, LOOK IT UP. Sheesh!!!!

[1] There's a bit of Eye-talian for you, L.

--
JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com

Luigi Donatello Asero 10-14-2005 10:45 PM

"Rincewind" <the_rincewind@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:39:13 GMT, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > I would like to know whether this table on the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test3.php
> > is for you an example of layout or tabular data.
> > There is one column for the images, one column for the country , one

column
> > for the region and one column for the place which the images refer to

> This is a dictionary definition of tabular, <Quote> an arrangement of

facts
> and numbers in rows or blocks, especially in printed material </Quote>
>
> So make up your own mind, you won't listen to anyone who's answer is
> contradictory to what you already think.

Thank you for your answer.
I have noticed that my new table did not change the picture, so I had to
change back to the old layout..

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(я итальянец но я живу в Швеции )
(我是 意大利人 , 但是 我 住 在 瑞典)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j' habite a la Suede)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...italienska.php