Velocity Reviews

-   -   open link to temporary file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162612-open-link-to-temporary-file.html)

Tim Allen 08-30-2005 03:33 PM

open link to temporary file

Hi,

I have a small problem with users opening files from our Intranet.
Currently they access the files by clicking on an example link below:

href="file:\\fileserver\intranet\rates.doc"

It opens the file as readonly and users get stuck when they want to save it
(file saveAs is far too difficult for them!).

How could I change the link so that it would open the file to a temporary
file, rather then opening the link directly?

Any advice appreciated, thanks for your time.

Tim