Velocity Reviews

-   -   css IE 6.0 problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162450-css-ie-6-0-problem.html)

yaniv73@gmail.com 08-14-2005 01:42 AM

css IE 6.0 problem

hi

i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
it's the padding or the mrgin

how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?

any idea

thanks

Neredbojias 08-14-2005 02:21 AM

Re: css IE 6.0 problem

With neither quill nor qualm, yaniv73@gmail.com quothed:

> hi
>
> i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
> and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
> but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
> it's the padding or the mrgin
>
> how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?
>
> any idea

If your pc is at home, maybe you're getting a case of redundant
interference

--
Neredbojias

yaniv73@gmail.com 08-14-2005 03:22 AM

Re: css IE 6.0 problem

and what do you mean by that??

Safalra 08-14-2005 12:30 PM

Re: css IE 6.0 problem

yaniv73@gmail.com wrote:
> i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
> and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
> but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
> it's the padding or the mrgin
> how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?

You probably have a different version of Internet Explorer from the one
at your office. You can find out the version in the 'Help' menu if you
click on 'About Internet Explorer'. If you tell us the address of your
webpage we could look at it and see if we can work out what is causing
the problem.

I noticed you're using Google Groups and in another post in this thread
you didn't quote the message to which you replied. Please read this
page:

Safalra (Stephen Morley)
http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

Animesh Kumar 08-14-2005 06:10 PM

Re: css IE 6.0 problem

yaniv73@gmail.com wrote:

> and what do you mean by that??

random questions will fetch random answers

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn_Johansen?= 08-15-2005 10:36 AM

Re: css IE 6.0 problem

yaniv73@gmail.com wrote:
> hi
>
> i made a home page with html and css, it is working good for firefox
> and for IE it works good for any pc that i tried it ( office/friends)
> but only at my home pc i am having problem to sse it good , i think
> it's the padding or the mrgin
>
> how can it be that i can see it good with IE in ant other pc but mine?
>
> any idea
>
> thanks

IE and Firefox handles padding different. Firefox will add the padding
to the width of the object whereas IE will keep the defined width. This
annoyes the crap out of me. The solution is to put an <div> inside the
object and give that one a margin.

--
Bjørn