Velocity Reviews

-   -   Setting the distance between numbers and text in an ordered list. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162325-setting-the-distance-between-numbers-and-text-in-an-ordered-list.html)

richard_quick_uk@hotmail.com 07-30-2005 01:06 AM

Setting the distance between numbers and text in an ordered list.

Hi,

Quick question that's been bugging me.

I want to set the distance between the numbers and the txt in an
ordered list - and I can't for the life of me figure out how in CSS.

Any ideas?

The CSS is:

ol {
padding: 0;
margin: 5px 0 10px 0;
margin-left: 23px;
color: #cc0000;
}

ol li {
list-style-position: outside;
margin: 0;
}

And the html is:

<ol>
</ol>

Richard Quick
-------------
http://www.scaredoftheweb.com

dorayme 07-30-2005 02:30 AM

Re: Setting the distance between numbers and text in an orderedlist.

> From: richard_quick_uk@hotmail.com
>
> The CSS is:
>
> ol { padding: 0; margin: 5px 0 10px 0; margin-left: 23px; color: #cc0000; }
>
> ol li { list-style-position: outside; margin: 0; }
>
> And the html is:

I'm always forgetting how to do things. Here is one way, perhaps not the
best, but it works as far as I can see for your list that consists of
links:

In the link css instructions put padding-left: 10px; or whatever px you
want. If you don't want this generally for links then you will need to
make the links for this a special (like a class).

A:link { color: #000099; background: #fff; padding-left: 10px;}

And, of course for hover and visited and active the same or different...

dorayme

rf 07-30-2005 02:44 AM

richard_quick_uk@hotmail.com wrote:

> I want to set the distance between the numbers and the txt in an
> ordered list - and I can't for the life of me figure out how in CSS.

ol li {padding-left: 23px;}

Cheers
Richard.

Ed 07-30-2005 02:53 AM

Re: Setting the distance between numbers and text in an ordered list.

richard_quick_uk@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question that's been bugging me.
>
> I want to set the distance between the numbers and the txt in an
> ordered list - and I can't for the life of me figure out how in CSS.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The CSS is:
>
> ol {
> padding: 0;
> margin: 5px 0 10px 0;
> margin-left: 23px;
> color: #cc0000;
> }
>
> ol li {
> list-style-position: outside;
> margin: 0;
> }

Add left padding to the list items: ol li { padding-left: 10px }

--
Koren Web Design Services
www.korenwebdesign.com