Velocity Reviews

-   -   Default background color of IFRAME (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162324-default-background-color-of-iframe.html)

Julian 07-29-2005 02:53 PM

Default background color of IFRAME

How can you set the background color of an IFRAME, before its contents
appear?

I know that an IFRAME must set its styles or use a style sheet of its
own. My problem is that I have an IFRAME whose content is generated by a
CGI script. It takes a couple of seconds to appear.

My page has a colored background. Firefox paints the IFRAME with the
background-color specified for the body. But in Internet Explorer the
IFRAME initially appears as an ugly white box, until the content appears.
--
Julian

Greg N. 07-29-2005 04:02 PM

Re: Default background color of IFRAME

Julian wrote:
> How can you set the background color of an IFRAME, before its contents
> appear?

The "allowtransparency" parameter makes the iframe assume the background
color of the surrounding page. See if that helps.
<IFRAME src=... allowtransparency>

--
Gregor's Motorradreisen:
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

Julian 07-29-2005 05:14 PM

Greg N. wrote:
> Julian wrote:
>
>> How can you set the background color of an IFRAME, before its contents
>> appear?

> The "allowtransparency" parameter makes the iframe assume the background
> color of the surrounding page. See if that helps.
> <IFRAME src=... allowtransparency>

That seems to do it, Greg. Thanks!

--
Julian

SummerZ 06-17-2009 08:11 AM

Thanks Greg

Thanks so much Greg for this solution, it worked. I've been looking into how to change the iframe background color because the iframe appears on certain condition only so when it doesn't , it leaves that white box. All the developers I work with told me it's not going to work in Internet Explorer. They just didn't want to bother looking for a solution I guess. Thanks again :veryprou: