Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162249-looking-to-find-out-how-to-write-equally-columns-on-a-page.html)

repairs 07-19-2005 12:44 PM

looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Hi
I use front page express as I have found it easy to use and a reliable
product....and I have it!

I need to write a newspaper like newsletter with two columns of data,
equally space--like in newspaper columns- and do not know how.

If anyone can assist, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks In Advance
Joe

Jonathan N. Little 07-19-2005 02:16 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
repairs wrote:

> Hi
> I use front page express as I have found it easy to use and a reliable
> product....and I have it!
>
> I need to write a newspaper like newsletter with two columns of data,
> equally space--like in newspaper columns- and do not know how.
>
> If anyone can assist, I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Joe

Dear Joe:

First search this newsgroup with the word 'column'. This question has
been answered *numerous* times. Then if you still have difficulties, we
can help you with your specific problem.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

repairs 07-19-2005 02:24 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
When I search using 'column' all that comes up is my message!
Maybe it is my news server, but there are no others.
I apologize if this is an old issue.
I appreciate any assistance with this matter.
Thanks
joe

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:16:47 GMT, "Jonathan N. Little"
<lws4art@centralva.net> wrote:

>repairs wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I use front page express as I have found it easy to use and a reliable
>> product....and I have it!
>>
>> I need to write a newspaper like newsletter with two columns of data,
>> equally space--like in newspaper columns- and do not know how.
>>
>> If anyone can assist, I would really appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks In Advance
>> Joe

>Dear Joe:
>
>First search this newsgroup with the word 'column'. This question has
>been answered *numerous* times. Then if you still have difficulties, we
>can help you with your specific problem.



Travis Newbury 07-19-2005 02:42 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
repairs wrote:
> I need to write a newspaper like newsletter with two columns of data,
> equally space--like in newspaper columns- and do not know how.


Not enough info. Do you want to manually do it with FP? Do you want
to do it on the fly with a server script? How many columns? Do they
have to be the same height? Where is the data for the columns coming
from? A text file? A table in a database?

(Oh, and don't get into a flaming war with everyone that tells you that
FP stinks. It does no one any good)

--
-=tn=-


repairs 07-19-2005 02:53 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Don't know enough about flaming, but i do know that I like FPE ...

I have two columns of data and want them side by side with spacing
even both top to bottom and side by side.
I have the thing done 'properly' in a Word Document but cannot just
copy and paste into front page express.
I have tried it with a table but the top line spacing/alignment is not
the same--does not allow/permit the first line to be at the position
number one on line number one in both columns--even if I manually
enter. The 'margins' seem to adjust until the data reaches it and
then the cursor moves to the next line thereby 'adjusting' the other
column.

Sounds goofy, but it is probably me.
this is just a text file and I will enter it manually again, if
necessary.
If I copy and paste I need to deal with the yellow tags.....

I appreciate the time.
Joe

On 19 Jul 2005 07:42:59 -0700, "Travis Newbury"
<TravisNewbury@hotmail.com> wrote:

>repairs wrote:
>> I need to write a newspaper like newsletter with two columns of data,
>> equally space--like in newspaper columns- and do not know how.

>
>Not enough info. Do you want to manually do it with FP? Do you want
>to do it on the fly with a server script? How many columns? Do they
>have to be the same height? Where is the data for the columns coming
>from? A text file? A table in a database?
>
>(Oh, and don't get into a flaming war with everyone that tells you that
>FP stinks. It does no one any good)



Animesh Kumar 07-19-2005 08:33 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
repairs wrote:

> Don't know enough about flaming, but i do know that I like FPE ...
>
> I have two columns of data and want them side by side with spacing
> even both top to bottom and side by side.
> I have the thing done 'properly' in a Word Document but cannot just
> copy and paste into front page express.
> I have tried it with a table but the top line spacing/alignment is not
> the same--does not allow/permit the first line to be at the position
> number one on line number one in both columns--even if I manually
> enter. The 'margins' seem to adjust until the data reaches it and
> then the cursor moves to the next line thereby 'adjusting' the other
> column.
>
> Sounds goofy, but it is probably me.
> this is just a text file and I will enter it manually again, if
> necessary.
> If I copy and paste I need to deal with the yellow tags.....
>
> I appreciate the time.
> Joe
>


Hi Joe:

usually it is a good idea to bottom-post with only the related part of
previous thread in place (and rest snipped).

IIRC, once I exported a word-document as an HTML document. When you
click on Save-as in MS word, you can choose the option to be HTML file
and see if it works for you.

Best regards,
Animesh

<snip>

Blinky the Shark 07-19-2005 08:35 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Animesh Kumar wrote:

> IIRC, once I exported a word-document as an HTML document. When you
> click on Save-as in MS word, you can choose the option to be HTML file
> and see if it works for you.


Ever *looked* at one of those files?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
*ALSO contains links for access to the NON-BETA GG archive interface*

Animesh Kumar 07-19-2005 08:47 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Animesh Kumar wrote:
>
>
>>IIRC, once I exported a word-document as an HTML document. When you
>>click on Save-as in MS word, you can choose the option to be HTML file
>>and see if it works for you.

>
>
> Ever *looked* at one of those files?
>

<grins> No! But FPE mess wouldn't be any better either.

Best
A

Animesh Kumar 07-19-2005 08:51 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Animesh Kumar wrote:
>
>
>>IIRC, once I exported a word-document as an HTML document. When you
>>click on Save-as in MS word, you can choose the option to be HTML file
>>and see if it works for you.

>
>
> Ever *looked* at one of those files?
>


I did right now. Whew! It is worse than Front-Page junk.

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~animes...esh_resume.htm

Have a look at the view-source and you will know what I mean (or perhaps
I am facing what you mean :) ).

Though, I must confess this resume is *very tabular* with lots of
indentations. That could be one reason for the dirt-bag. It may not be
as bad with 2-column MS-Word document (worth a try, I think).

Best regards,
Animesh

David Dorward 07-19-2005 08:52 PM

Re: looking to find out how to write equally columns on a page
 
Animesh Kumar wrote:

>>>IIRC, once I exported a word-document as an HTML document. When you
>>>click on Save-as in MS word, you can choose the option to be HTML file
>>>and see if it works for you.


>> Ever *looked* at one of those files?


> <grins> No! But FPE mess wouldn't be any better either.


Actually, FPE is probably rather better - I don't think its been developed
for years so it probably predates Microsoft's insane HTML export filters.

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.