Velocity Reviews

-   -   TD border color on mouseover (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162244-td-border-color-on-mouseover.html)

Carl Gilbert 07-18-2005 09:47 PM

TD border color on mouseover

Hi

I wish to change the color of a cell border when the mouse passes over the
cell.

The code I currently have for the cell is as follows:
<TD height="76" width="328" style="border-color: black; border-style:
solid; border-width: 4;"> </TD>

I am using ASP.NET and VB.NET if that makes thing easier and I would prefer
not to use CSS.

Can anyone suggest a method to change the border color?

Regards, Carl Gilbert

Adrienne 07-18-2005 10:12 PM

Re: TD border color on mouseover

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Carl Gilbert"
<mr_carl_gilbert@hotmail.com> writing in

> Hi
>
> I wish to change the color of a cell border when the mouse passes over
> the cell.
>
> The code I currently have for the cell is as follows:
> <TD height="76" width="328" style="border-color: black;
> border-style:
> solid; border-width: 4;"> </TD>
>
> I am using ASP.NET and VB.NET if that makes thing easier and I would
> prefer not to use CSS.
>
> Can anyone suggest a method to change the border color?
>
> Regards, Carl Gilbert

ASP and ASP.Net know nothing of a mouse passing over anything. That's
client side, and for IE, which only honors hover on the A element, you
would have to use javascript to accomplish this.

What to do you have against CSS? CSS makes things _much_ easier, for
example:

<% while not rs.EOF
c = c + 1
if mod c 2 = 0 then
trcolor = colora
else
trcolor = colorb
end if
%>
<% rs.Movenext
wend
rs.Close
set rs = nothing
%>

Now colora and colorb could be defined in an external stylesheet:
..colora {background-color:#000; color:#fff;}
..colorb {background-color:#fff; color:#000;}

If you decide to change the colors or attributes of that class later, it's
only a matter of changing the stylesheet, not the document.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info