Velocity Reviews

-   -   Discount-Hosting: Anybody else have billing problems? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162180-discount-hosting-anybody-else-have-billing-problems.html)

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc. 07-06-2005 12:46 AM

Re: Discount-Hosting: Anybody else have billing problems?

"(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.z.invalid> wrote in message
> Sounds to me like it's time for sending some money to, maybe,
> AffordableHost.

Well, whoever you choose, make sure you run a search on their name at
webhostingtalk.com or possibly even stop by alt.www.webmaster and ask for
current opinions. ;-)

--Tina

(PeteCresswell) 07-06-2005 03:27 AM

Discount-Hosting: Anybody else have billing problems?

Haven't touched my account there in many moons.

Now I can get to it via their front end, but not via CuteFTP (different ID/PW
for FTP).

Looks like the data's still there and people can read the pages - but when I
look at the account status, the dates are goofey.

Created on 2004-12-09,
Expires on 2005-01-09,
Payment=Ok

Payment is in one-year increments...

Of course they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent...

Sounds to me like it's time for sending some money to, maybe, AffordableHost.
I've already got another account there, but I think it's a freebie and they seem
to have moved the servers around. It's accessable by addres but, again, not
via CuteFTP.

Anybody else been here with Discount-Hosting? It's only twelve bucks, but it
seems to me like they have a bonafide system problem somewhere.

--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) 07-06-2005 04:20 AM

Re: Discount-Hosting: Anybody else have billing problems?

Per Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.:
>possibly even stop by alt.www.webmaster and ask for
>current opinions.

Thanks for the pointer. Didn't know of such a thing - which is why I was
inflicting this on alt.html....
--
PeteCresswell