Velocity Reviews

-   -   Table help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162081-table-help.html)

Rick Knight 06-21-2005 08:27 PM

Table help

I have a very simple table, 10columns by 10 rows. Some of the fields are
populated by a MySQL table and some are just simple text. Others are left
blank with just a line for the user to fill in after the table is printed.
I've created background images with just a bottom line and then used
background=image.jpg in the td tag and I can see the line in my browser
(Firefox) but it will not print. How can I get an html page to print a
line in an otherwise blank field? Also, I'm sending the page to
"HTMLtoPDF" and I don't get the line there either.

Thanks for any help.

Rick Knight

Adrienne 06-21-2005 09:03 PM

Re: Table help

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Rick Knight <rick@rlknight.com>
writing in news:pan.2005.06.21.20.28.03.164103@rlknight.com:

> I have a very simple table, 10columns by 10 rows. Some of the fields
> are populated by a MySQL table and some are just simple text. Others
> are left blank with just a line for the user to fill in after the table
> is printed. I've created background images with just a bottom line and
> then used background=image.jpg in the td tag and I can see the line in
> my browser (Firefox) but it will not print. How can I get an html page
> to print a line in an otherwise blank field? Also, I'm sending the page
> to "HTMLtoPDF" and I don't get the line there either.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Rick Knight

It's a per user setting to print background images or background colors.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Rick Knight 06-21-2005 11:18 PM

Re: Table help

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:03:23 +0000, Adrienne wrote:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Rick Knight <rick@rlknight.com>
> writing in news:pan.2005.06.21.20.28.03.164103@rlknight.com:

<snipped>
>> browser (Firefox) but it will not print. How can I get an html

page to
>> print a line in an otherwise blank field? Also, I'm sending the page to
>> "HTMLtoPDF" and I don't get the line there either.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Rick Knight
>>

> It's a per user setting to print background images or background colors.

Thanks Adrienne,

I have the per user settings set to print the background image. That was
the first thing I looked at and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the
td background.

Thanks again,
Rick Knight

Adrienne 06-22-2005 12:05 AM

Re: Table help

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Rick Knight <rick@rlknight.com>
writing in news:pan.2005.06.21.23.18.53.769950@rlknight.com:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:03:23 +0000, Adrienne wrote:
>
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Rick Knight <rick@rlknight.com>
>> writing in news:pan.2005.06.21.20.28.03.164103@rlknight.com:
>>

><snipped>
>>> browser (Firefox) but it will not print. How can I get an html page to
>>> print a line in an otherwise blank field? Also, I'm sending the page to
>>> "HTMLtoPDF" and I don't get the line there either.
>>>

>> It's a per user setting to print background images or background colors.

> Thanks Adrienne,
>
> I have the per user settings set to print the background image. That was
> the first thing I looked at and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the
> td background.

URL?