Velocity Reviews

-   -   Proxy problems... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t162078-proxy-problems.html)

Domestos 06-20-2005 08:12 PM

Proxy problems...

I am creating a website for people at my place of work to use. Now, evertime
I do an update to the page - say add some news, the people at work only see
the older version of the page.

The only way round this is for them press F5 and refresh the page.

I am putting this down to the proxy at work - is there anyway I can bypass
this through the HTML document? The pages also use PHP and MySQL - do these
languages have any special bits in to sort this out?

I do not have the option to stop using the proxy or chaning internet
explorer settings, I need a webpage option...

Please help !!

TIA
Andy Mak

David Dorward 06-20-2005 08:34 PM

Re: Proxy problems...

Domestos wrote:

> I am creating a website for people at my place of work to use. Now,
> evertime I do an update to the page - say add some news, the people at
> work only see the older version of the page.
>
> The only way round this is for them press F5 and refresh the page.
>
> I am putting this down to the proxy at work

Assuming the proxy isn't broken, some sane cache control headers should do
the job: http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Domestos 06-20-2005 10:15 PM

Re: Proxy problems...