Velocity Reviews

-   -   Please recommend a CSS book (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t161142-please-recommend-a-css-book.html)

don 03-04-2005 02:15 AM

Please recommend a CSS book

I'm trying to pick out the best book out there for learning CSS - I am
fairly good with HTML and would like to further my knowledge of web
design....... I'd like to hear opinions on the hundreds of books out there
on CSS...... thanks......

Christopher J. Henrich 03-04-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Please recommend a CSS book

In article <d08gc9$48q$1@reader2.panix.com>, don <don@panix.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to pick out the best book out there for learning CSS - I am
> fairly good with HTML and would like to further my knowledge of web
> design....... I'd like to hear opinions on the hundreds of books out there
> on CSS...... thanks......

Here are some books on HTML and CSS that I have found helpful.

1. As a general reference, I use _The_ _Web_ _Design_ _CD_ _Bookshelf_ ,
published by O'Reilly, ISBN 0596002718. This bundles six books onto a
CD, plus a hard copy of 1.

2. For a start on CSS, I liked Elizabeth Castro's book _HTML_ _for_
_the_ _World_ _Wide_ _Web_ _with_ _XHTML_ _and_ _CSS_ . ISBN
0321130073.

3. For more worked-through examples of using CSS to design web pages, I
like _Eric Meyer on CSS_ (ISBN 073571245X) and _More Eric Meyer on CSS_
(ISBN 0735714258). Note that his _Cascading_ _Style_ _Sheets_ : _The_
_Definitive_ _Guide_ is included in item 1.

--
Chris Henrich
http://www.mathinteract.com

KHaled 03-07-2005 05:58 AM

Re: Please recommend a CSS book

"don" <don@panix.com> wrote in

> I'm trying to pick out the best book out there for learning
> CSS - I am fairly good with HTML and would like to further
> my knowledge of web design....... I'd like to hear opinions
> on the hundreds of books out there on CSS......
> thanks......

There are some very good resources out there on the net that
you may use for free.

Eric Meyer ( http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/ ) is a
particularly rich site.

--
KHaled

e-mail: khaledihREMOVEUPPERCASELETTERS at fusemail dot com
(correcting antispam crap..)
please start your subject line with the string "==NG=="