Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking For A Site Search Script (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t161004-looking-for-a-site-search-script.html)

Matt Jones 02-18-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Looking For A Site Search Script

Fred <x@x.com> writes:

> I'm looking for an easy to install, robust
> site search script in either PHP or PERL.
>
> I'm willing to pay for the script if its a good one.
>
> can you recommend a good one?

I've used PHPDig in the past and have been quite impressed with it:
http://www.phpdig.net

Matt

mark | r 02-18-2005 03:41 PM

"Fred" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an easy to install, robust
> site search script in either PHP or PERL.
>
> I'm willing to pay for the script if its a good one.
>
> can you recommend a good one?

try atomz.com its free for smallish sites (under 100 pages) and quick

otherwise there are soem pho and asp scripts that search the files on your
site. this saves you having to have dynamic content or creating an index
every time you make an ammendment.

mark

Fred 02-18-2005 05:00 PM

Looking For A Site Search Script

I'm looking for an easy to install, robust
site search script in either PHP or PERL.

I'm willing to pay for the script if its a good one.

can you recommend a good one?

Thanks

ps.
This is a pretty cool search tool but they charge a monthly fee.
http://www.freefind.com/
Homey don't play that.

Fred 02-18-2005 10:01 PM

Re: Looking For A Site Search Script

try atomz.com its free for smallish sites (under 100 pages) and quick

YES YES YES!

Thank Mark!