Velocity Reviews

-   -   best css books (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160943-best-css-books.html)

the idiot 02-13-2005 05:15 PM

best css books

what are the best books for learning css
tia

saz 02-14-2005 02:00 AM

Re: best css books

In article <7smdnWvIxa-GFpLfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>, sinatra@thesands.co.uk
says...
> what are the best books for learning css
> tia

Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

Karl Core 02-14-2005 02:05 AM

Re: best css books

"saz" <saz1958@nospammersexcite.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c79c230d2acec4c989703@news.comcast.gigan ews.com...
> In article <7smdnWvIxa-GFpLfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>, sinatra@thesands.co.uk
> says...
>> what are the best books for learning css
>> tia
>>

> Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

I second that.
I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

--
Karl Core
Hell To Pay, Baltimore Hardcore: http://www.eightninethree.com

cantrips 02-14-2005 05:37 AM

Re: best css books

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
<sinatra@thesands.co.uk> wrote:

>what are the best books for learning css
>tia

While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.

More structured approaches that I have found useful are:

1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)

2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

the idiot 02-14-2005 05:37 AM

Re: best css books

"Karl Core" <karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com> wrote in message

> "saz" <saz1958@nospammersexcite.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1c79c230d2acec4c989703@news.comcast.gigan ews.com...
> > In article <7smdnWvIxa-GFpLfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>, sinatra@thesands.co.uk
> > says...
> >> what are the best books for learning css
> >> tia
> >>

> > Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

> I second that.
> I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
> I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
> awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

thankyou very much i shall search him out.

Christopher J. Henrich 02-15-2005 12:26 AM

Re: best css books

In article <o6e011ds3vv0k37akj8740gci4nvh5a9k6@4ax.com>, cantrips
<cantrips@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
> <sinatra@thesands.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >what are the best books for learning css
> >tia
> >

> While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
> excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
> more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.
>
> More structured approaches that I have found useful are:
>
> 1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
> Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)
>
> 2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

For getting started, I found Elizabeth Castro's book _HTML_ _for_ _the_
_World_ _wide_ _Web_ helpful. And Meyer's _Cascading_ _Style_ _Sheets_
: _The_ _Definitive_ _Guide_ is a useful reference.

--
Chris Henrich
http://www.mathinteract.com