Velocity Reviews

-   -   <iframes> and <tables> ??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160348-iframes-and-tables.html)

Mel 12-20-2004 01:22 PM

<iframes> and <tables> ???

can iframes be placed inside cells of a tables ?

if so; can i have an example please !

thanks

Steve Pugh 12-20-2004 01:43 PM

Re: <iframes> and <tables> ???

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:22:19 -0500, "Mel" <mel.m.heravi@hp.com> wrote:

>can iframes be placed inside cells of a tables ?

Yes.

>if so; can i have an example please

<iframe src="page.html" width="200" height="200">
An interesting summary or introduction, including ,a
href="page.html">a link</a>. Obviously 'a link' is a very poor choice
of link text, you would of course choose something that accurately
describes the linked page.
</iframe>

However, iframes pose a number of usability problems - most of the
same problems as posed by frames plus one or two of their own. And I'm
trying to think of an example where an iframe would be considered
sensible tabluar data and hence belong in a table. I can think of one
or two but they're fairly obscure and not very usable.

Steve

Barbara de Zoete 12-20-2004 01:53 PM

Re: <iframes> and <tables> ???

<http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_test/i-frame-test.html>