Velocity Reviews

-   -   Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160173-semi-ot-opera-browser-in-sears-commercial.html)

Karl Core 12-04-2004 01:07 PM

Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial

Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

Leif K-Brooks 12-04-2004 04:15 PM

Re: Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial

Karl Core wrote:
> Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
> their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

On a related subject, why do so many ads seem to use the Macintosh
version Internet Explorer?

Jan Faerber 12-04-2004 04:39 PM

Karl Core wrote:

> Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
> their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

hi,

with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
but not even one concerning the browser opera.

So congratulations!

--
Hr. / Mr. Jan Clemens Faerber
Seutterg. 24 / 10

Neal 12-04-2004 04:41 PM

Jan Faerber wrote:

> with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
> but not even one concerning the browser opera.

Try the server news.opera.com

Dylan Parry 12-04-2004 04:49 PM

Jan Faerber wrote:

> So congratulations!

Congratulations for what? I'm confused :s

--
Dylan Parry

Michael Wilcox 12-04-2004 05:11 PM

Karl Core wrote:
> Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
> their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

I saw an ad around election time for a website that "compares" the
candidates (it was very biased towards Kerry). Their screencaps used
something from Mozilla.
--
Michael Wilcox http://dataportalen.com/mike/

Jan Faerber 12-04-2004 06:57 PM

Neal wrote:

> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
>> with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
>> but not even one concerning the browser opera.

> Try the server news.opera.com

Thank you - because I don't want to post too many OTs here.
I was looking for opera.general - I posted there with google.

I some ways a strange feeling of improving my english there.
Such an escapade! hm ... Let's check it out.

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

Jan Faerber 12-04-2004 07:05 PM

Dylan Parry wrote:

> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
> > So congratulations!

> Congratulations for what? I'm confused :s

What can I say?
Haven't you read the top posting?

<quote>
Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial

Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.
</quote>

Congratulations to Karl, to the US, to Sears, to the TV station, to the
advertising agency, to the people who will travel now to tunesia for they
saw that commercial and congratulations to the Opera team.

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

Blinky the Shark 12-05-2004 11:49 AM

Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Karl Core wrote:

>> Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
>> their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

> On a related subject, why do so many ads seem to use the Macintosh
> version Internet Explorer?

Probably because the Mac is so common in the TV graphics field itself,
where the commercials come from.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html