Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any Comments Here ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160107-any-comments-here.html)

Davmagic .Com 11-28-2004 11:50 AM

Any Comments Here ?

My first attempt at presenting content with a lot of math related
text... two pages:

http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html

http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html

Any comments on the content sections.. ?

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com/
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com/
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Karl Core 11-28-2004 04:26 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

"Davmagic .Com" <DLSD@webtv.net> wrote in message
> My first attempt at presenting content with a lot of math related
> text... two pages:
>
> http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html
>
> http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html
>
> Any comments on the content sections.. ?

No, but I have a comment on the terrible way you name your files. "topics"
is a completely unhelpful name and so is "PAGES3.html".
While some (ahem old Jake Neilsen) might decry the UN-usability of such an
URL, I don't pound on the podium as hard. But still, it *does* make sense to
name these things sensibly.
I also can't imagine what a maintenance headache your site must be with all
those file and directory names that make no sense whatsoever.

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

Davmagic .Com 11-28-2004 04:45 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

>From: karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com
>(Karl*Core)
>I also can't imagine what a maintenance
>headache your site must be with all those
>file and directory names that make no
>sense whatsoever.

No headache at all, I simply maintain a written notebook with all the
information, and it's soooo simply from there!

marcus@myrealbox.com 11-28-2004 04:58 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 06:50:02 -0500, DLSD@webtv.net (Davmagic .Com) wrote:

>Any comments on the content sections.. ?

Typos:

"Stain Glass" (should be "Stained Glass")
http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html

"Kool" (should be "Cool")
http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES21.html

"DEVIDED" (should be "DIVIDED")
http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html

Davmagic .Com 11-28-2004 05:19 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

>From: marcus@myrealbox.com
>Typos:
>"Stain Glass" (should be "Stained Glass")

Ah, no I mean it to be an "action" phrase

>"Kool" (should be "Cool")

Ah, no it's the jargon of the "hipsters"

>"DEVIDED" (should be "DIVIDED")

Absolutely, I'll make those changes right away... what a stupid mistake!
Thanks...

Duende 11-28-2004 08:22 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:

> "Kool" (should be "Cool")

Why?

--
Duende (irregular)
Friends help you move.

Karl Core 11-28-2004 08:33 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

"Duende" <duendes@usa.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95AF7EB407FFFspamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4.. .
> While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
>
>> "Kool" (should be "Cool")

> Why?

Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
for example, "Karl"

Duende 11-28-2004 09:17 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

While sitting in a puddle Karl Core scribbled in the mud:

> "Duende" <duendes@usa.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns95AF7EB407FFFspamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4.. .
>> While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
>>
>>> "Kool" (should be "Cool")

>> Why?

> Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
> for example, "Karl"

I'll ceep that in mind.

Toby Inkster 11-28-2004 10:03 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

Karl Core wrote:

> Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C".
> Take, for example, "Karl"

What about Kore?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Kontact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact

Sentient Fluid 11-28-2004 10:54 PM

Re: Any Comments Here ?

Karl Core wrote:
> "Duende" <duendes@usa.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns95AF7EB407FFFspamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4.. .
>
>>While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
>>

>>>"Kool" (should be "Cool")

>>Why?

> Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
> for example, "Karl"

Then why not Karl Kore? :P