Velocity Reviews

-   -   CSS and page background (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160008-css-and-page-background.html)

Net5 11-17-2004 10:13 PM

CSS and page background

In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
displayed - in ie it works fine.
Am I doing something wrong??
SER

brucie 11-17-2004 10:16 PM

Re: CSS and page background

In alt.html Net5 said:

> In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
> displayed - in ie it works fine.
> Am I doing something wrong??

yes

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Lauri Raittila 11-17-2004 10:17 PM

Re: CSS and page background

in alt.html, Net5 wrote:

> In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
> displayed - in ie it works fine.
> Am I doing something wrong??

Yes.
URL?

Jeffrey Silverman 11-17-2004 10:26 PM

Re: CSS and page background

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:16:53 +1000, brucie wrote:

> In alt.html Net5 said:
>
>> In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
>> displayed - in ie it works fine.
>> Am I doing something wrong??

> yes

No

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffreyPANTS@jhu.edu
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Jeffrey Silverman 11-17-2004 10:26 PM

Re: CSS and page background

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:16:53 +1000, brucie wrote:

> In alt.html Net5 said:
>
>> In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
>> displayed - in ie it works fine.
>> Am I doing something wrong??

> yes

Maybe

Mark Parnell 11-17-2004 10:29 PM

Re: CSS and page background

Previously in alt.html, Net5 <SER@NET5.INC> said:

> Am I doing something wrong??

Yes, you're not telling us the URL. You must have missed the memo that
crystal ball cleaning day has been moved to Thursdays.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Jeffrey Silverman 11-17-2004 10:29 PM

Re: CSS and page background

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:16:53 +1000, brucie wrote:

> yes

crayons taste good

--
Fudgy G. McNuggets
fudgy.g.mcnuggets@newtnotes.com

brucie 11-17-2004 10:47 PM

Re: CSS and page background

In alt.html Jeffrey Silverman said:

> crayons taste good

only the soybean ones

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Jan Faerber 11-18-2004 10:06 AM

Re: CSS and page background

brucie wrote:

>> In both Netscape and Firefox, the background jpg for the page isn't
>> displayed - in ie it works fine.
>> Am I doing something wrong??

> yes

lol - I wish I had IE now.
http://www.microsoft.com/unix/ie/default.asp
Is there any?

<hm>
background-image
css 1.0
netscape 4.0
IE 3.0

body {
background-image:url(images/***.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-attachment:fixed; padding:0px; }
</hm>

--
Jan

http://html.janfaerber.com

Sybren Stuvel 11-18-2004 02:44 PM

Re: CSS and page background

Jan Faerber enlightened us with:
> lol - I wish I had IE now.
> http://www.microsoft.com/unix/ie/default.asp Is there any?

I use Crossover Office to test my stuff on MSIE. Works pretty well.

Sybren