Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Layout of this page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t160004-re-layout-of-this-page.html)

Luigi Donatello Asero 11-17-2004 06:03 PM

Re: Layout of this page

"Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:23:08 GMT, Luigi Donatello Asero
> <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean somethíng like
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test1.html
> > and
> > a separate page for each language.

> Something like that, sure. But one thing - how does your user know the
> language code is clickable? It's not very obvious.

The links are underlined, aren´t they?
An other option would be this:

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test2.html

> >> Here's another. [http://www.ford.com/en/default.htm] Calming, relaxing,
> >> and a touch of elegance. (And a bit ignorant of accessibility too.)

> > It is only in one language and does not offer a large variety of
> > products or
> > services, in my opinion.
> > How should I tell the users about all I offer otherwise?

> First, if you offer a lot of unrelated services, use a separate site for
> each. If the services are really inter-related, then list them.

I offer as one-man business all the things which are on the websites,
they are inter-related this way
and to have one site for each thing would be more expensive, I think.

> Check out http://www.vivabit.com/ - three distinct but related services
> offered, very clearly described.

> The point is, none of these designs are good for you. You need one that
> fits your content. Look at sites which really look nice. How can you apply
> it to your site?

May-be this is a better option.
The user chooses either the page for adsl or the one for modem.

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test2.html

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/

Luigi Donatello Asero 11-17-2004 06:28 PM

Re: Layout of this page

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:23:08 GMT, Luigi Donatello Asero
> > <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you mean somethíng like
> > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test1.html
> > > and
> > > a separate page for each language.

> > Something like that, sure. But one thing - how does your user know the
> > language code is clickable? It's not very obvious.

> The links are underlined, aren´t they?
> An other option would be this:
>
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/test2.html

relaxing,

> > > It is only in one language and does not offer a large variety of
> > > products or
> > > services, in my opinion.
> > > How should I tell the users about all I offer otherwise?

> > First, if you offer a lot of unrelated services, use a separate site for
> > each. If the services are really inter-related, then list them.

> I offer as one-man business all the things which are on the websites,
> they are inter-related this way
> and to have one site for each thing would be more expensive, I think.
>
> > Check out http://www.vivabit.com/ - three distinct but related services
> > offered, very clearly described.

> > The point is, none of these designs are good for you. You need one that
> > fits your content. Look at sites which really look nice. How can you

apply
> > it to your site?

> May-be this is a better option.
> The user chooses either the page for adsl or the one for modem.
>
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test2.html

Now you can choose the version for ADSL or the version for modem