Velocity Reviews

-   -   HTML Functional Equivalent Of "Include" or "CopyLib"? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159883-html-functional-equivalent-of-include-or-copylib.html)

(Pete Cresswell) 11-06-2004 02:09 PM

HTML Functional Equivalent Of "Include" or "CopyLib"?

If I have code for a page that has ebedded in it a block of frequently-updated
HTML, can I move that block to a separate file and "Include" it in the main
code? Seems like that would be less error-prone than continually
deleting/inserting the block of code.
--
PeteCresswell

brucie 11-06-2004 02:22 PM

Re: HTML Functional Equivalent Of "Include" or "CopyLib"?

In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:

> If I have code for a page that has ebedded in it a block of frequently-updated
> HTML, can I move that block to a separate file and "Include" it in the main
> code?

server side scripting or preprocessing is the only reliable way to do
it. its very simple.

http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Eric B. Bednarz 11-06-2004 03:39 PM

"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> writes:

> If I have code for a page that has ebedded in it a block of frequently-updated
> HTML, can I move that block to a separate file and "Include" it in the main
> code?

I'll stick very close to the subject line:

<http://sandbox.bednarz.nl/sgml/html/include/>

I hope it doesn't have to work, too.

--
| ) PiĆ¹ Cabernet,