Velocity Reviews

-   -   streaming audio tutorial? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159788-streaming-audio-tutorial.html)

star green 10-26-2004 12:57 AM

streaming audio tutorial?

I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

Many thanks!
star

Neal 10-26-2004 01:01 AM

Re: streaming audio tutorial?

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

Travis Newbury 10-26-2004 01:02 AM

Re: streaming audio tutorial?

In article <nihfd.5123$kr4.4410@trnddc01>, nobody@verizon.net says...
> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

google "streaming audio tutorial"?
--
-=*Tn*=-

star green 10-26-2004 01:05 AM

"Travis Newbury" <tn@swngers.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1be76c2372066f32989787@news.charter.net.. .
> In article <nihfd.5123$kr4.4410@trnddc01>, nobody@verizon.net says...
>> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
>> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

> google "streaming audio tutorial"?
> --
> -=*Tn*=-

yeah but a lot of them are very out of date

star green 10-26-2004 01:09 AM

"Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:57:55 GMT, star green <nobody@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
>> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

Thanks Neal, I'll check it out.

Here's another question: does anyone have any resources for putting a player
on the site? I'm not sure we want to do this, but we're considering all our
options. For example, something like the player on this page:
http://myspace.com/jas

Thanks again!
star

brucie 10-26-2004 03:59 AM

In alt.html star green said:

> Here's another question: does anyone have any resources for putting a player
> on the site?

just link to the file so the visitor can decide to play it if they want
to and in their preferred player.

--
brucie{display:nude;}

Spartanicus 10-26-2004 08:01 AM

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

--
Spartanicus

star green 10-27-2004 09:33 PM

"star green" <nobody@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?
>
> Many thanks!
> star

Thanks to everyone who answered me! Much appreciated.

After much consideration & research, we've decided to use Wimpy Player for
streaming audio. (www.wimpyplayer.com)

all best,
star