Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159771-tables-with-different-color-left-and-right-borders-no-top-or-bottom-borders-etc.html)

George 10-25-2004 03:50 AM

Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
Hi,

I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
right borders.

I though the tag was something like this:
<table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
<tr>
<td

I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
scripting language.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
George

Neal 10-25-2004 03:57 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:50:12 GMT, George
<h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
> right borders.
>
> I though the tag was something like this:
> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
> <tr>
> <td
>
> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
> scripting language.


It's easy as ****ing on a pumpkin in CSS. Why do you not want that
solution?

Which, incidentally, is:

table {
border-left: blue;
border-right: red;
}

Or:

<table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
otherattributes="values">

brucie 10-25-2004 04:00 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
In alt.html George said:

> I though the tag was something like this:
> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>


<table style="border:1px solid;border-left-color:blue;border-right-color:red;">

http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
> scripting language.


they're much more clever than i am.


--


v o i c e s

Neal 10-25-2004 04:13 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:36 -0400, Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Which, incidentally, is:


not:

> table {
> border-left: blue;
> border-right: red;
> }
>
> Or:
>
> <table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
> otherattributes="values">


But:

table {
border-width: 1px;
border-style: solid;
border-left-color: blue;
border-right-color: red;
}

Or:

<table style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-left-color:
blue; border-right-color: red;" otherattributes="values">

George 10-25-2004 04:27 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:36 -0400, Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:50:12 GMT, George
><h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
>> right borders.
>>
>> I though the tag was something like this:
>> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
>> <tr>
>> <td
>>
>> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
>> scripting language.

>
>It's easy as ****ing on a pumpkin in CSS. Why do you not want that
>solution?
>
>Which, incidentally, is:
>
>table {
> border-left: blue;
> border-right: red;
> }
>
>Or:
>
><table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
>otherattributes="values">


I found what I was originally looking for:

<table border="5" bordercolorlight="red" bordercolordark="blue">

I tried your second method, but that did not work.
This is why I don't really care for CSS. I use JavaScript sometimes,
when I find a really cool script effect.

But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
cross-browser.

Thanks,George


George 10-25-2004 04:29 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
Thatnk you both for your updates.

YES, they will work.

Thanks aplenty,
George


On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:00:51 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
wrote:

>In alt.html George said:
>
>> I though the tag was something like this:
>> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>

>
><table style="border:1px solid;border-left-color:blue;border-right-color:red;">
>
>http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
>
>> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
>> scripting language.

>
>they're much more clever than i am.
>
>
>--
>
>
> v o i c e s



Neal 10-25-2004 04:32 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:27:51 GMT, George
<h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:

> I tried your second method, but that did not work.


Because I screwed it up.

> This is why I don't really care for CSS.


Well, don't judge CSS on my inconsistency.

> I use JavaScript sometimes,
> when I find a really cool script effect.


But JS is less likely to be available than CSS. CSS isn't a security risk.

> But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
> cross-browser.


That's what I'm sayin'.

brucie 10-25-2004 04:35 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
In alt.html George said:

> Thanks aplenty,


please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices.

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post


--


v o i c e s

rf 10-25-2004 05:55 AM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
George wrote:
>
> I found what I was originally looking for:
>
> <table border="5" bordercolorlight="red" bordercolordark="blue">
>
> I tried your second method, but that did not work.
> This is why I don't really care for CSS.


<head style="position: sand;"/>

> I use JavaScript sometimes,
> when I find a really cool script effect.


Javascript can not cause an element to have borders, of any colour, unless
you fiddle with the style (that is, CSS) of course :-)

> But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
> cross-browser.


And what makes you think the above will work cross-browser? There are no
such attributes as bordercolorlight and bordercolordark in the HTML
specifications. These things are a Microsoft invention. The fact that some
browser other than IE may support them is more accidental than anything
else.

--
Cheers
Richard.



George 10-25-2004 04:25 PM

Re: Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.
 
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:35:17 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
wrote:

>In alt.html George said:
>
>> Thanks aplenty,

>
>please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices.
>
>How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
>http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post


Thanks again. I will comply about the top post.
I had no idea. I lurn something nu evry day.

Here's one though:

<td bgcolor=AliceBlue
onMouseOver="document.bgColor='AliceBlue'";return= true>&nbsp&nbsp</td>

On a table, I have the above statement, which does just what it's
supposed to.

But, I would like to add a caption, so the little yellow banner pops
up and shows Alice Blue.. Akin to alt="Alice Blue", on the <img src
statement.

How can I include a caption function in that <td statement?
Thanks,George


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.