Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dhtml script (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159604-dhtml-script.html)

vvega 10-09-2004 12:48 PM

Dhtml script

Hello,
does anyone know a script like this
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm which, instead of
beginning from the center, it begins from left and scrolls to right? (of
course compatible with netscape like the one up)

thanks
vvega

brucie 10-09-2004 12:52 PM

Re: Dhtml script

In alt.html,alt.html.dhtml,free.it.comp.lang.html vvega said:

> does anyone know a script like this
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm

i would strongly recommend against using such cheesy gimmicks. they
become very annoying very quickly.

--

v o i c e s

vvega 10-09-2004 01:07 PM

Re: Dhtml script

> i would strongly recommend against using such cheesy gimmicks. they
> become very annoying very quickly.

I set it with a high speed, an effect in a condition like the one of that
url is annoying also for me.

Jan Faerber 10-11-2004 10:20 AM

Re: Dhtml script

vvega wrote:

> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm which, instead of
> beginning from the center, it begins from left and scrolls to right?

DW can create such effects with layers.

--
Jan

http://213.47.90.11

rf 10-11-2004 11:07 AM

Re: Dhtml script

Jan Faerber wrote:

<faerber73@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> vvega wrote:
>

> > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm which, instead

of
> > beginning from the center, it begins from left and scrolls to right?

> DW can create such effects with layers.

They are not layers, a netscape 4.x phenomenon.. They are div's manipulated
with javascript. Microsoft would call this "DHTML".

--
Cheers
Richard.

Jan Faerber 10-11-2004 11:22 AM

Re: Dhtml script

rf wrote:

> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
> <faerber73@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> vvega wrote:
>>

>> > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm which, instead

> of
>> > beginning from the center, it begins from left and scrolls to right?

>> DW can create such effects with layers.

> They are not layers, a netscape 4.x phenomenon.. They are div's
> manipulated with javascript. Microsoft would call this "DHTML".

Oh - sorry - I once have done it with an animated bird flying across the
page - and I saw it with an animated kangaroo ... yes - it is similar
to image maps but you add something like a time line.
The 'problem' is only the vertical scroll bar appears when the images
is leaving the border of the window. That can be done with DW - ty Rich

If you want you can take vvega`s dhtml script aswell and remove the left
curtain. Then place the start of the right curtain to 0.
I tried this - but only for my version of konqueror -- something like ns6:
http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/curtain.html

--
Jan

http://213.47.90.11

rf 10-11-2004 12:04 PM

Re: Dhtml script

Jan Faerber wrote:

> That can be done with DW - ty

I assume you mistyped "try". Well I don't use DW. Never have. Never will.

> Rich

The name is Richard, thankyou.

> If you want you can take vvega`s dhtml script aswell and remove the left
> curtain. Then place the start of the right curtain to 0.
> I tried this - but only for my version of konqueror -- something like ns6:
> http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/curtain.html

Hmmm. Apart from the fact that this has more errors than you can poke a
stick at[1] the same thing can be achieved with about one quarter of the
fussing around, and far better,

that is if you want to insult your viewer that much. As has been mentioned
elsewhere such things are interesting once, booring second and bloody
annoying subsequently.

[1] To specify a few:

Lack of doctype indicating fallback to browser quirks mode and no attempt at
all to validate the page.

<!-- cargo cult nonsense.

Where in the CSS specification does one find the layer-background-color
property?

This: <script language="JavaScript1.2"> is simply wrong. It gets corrected
here and over at clj every day.

eval("document.all.i2.style") enough said but take this to clj and be
prepared to be flamed to a cinder.

--
Cheers
Richard.

brucie 10-11-2004 12:11 PM

Re: Dhtml script

In alt.html rf said:

> Hmmm. Apart from the fact that this has more errors than you can poke a
> stick at[1]

what are you saying? my html editor is inadequate? its not up to the
task?

i'm hurt <sob/>

--

v o i c e s

SpaceGirl 10-11-2004 12:17 PM

Re: Dhtml script

rf wrote:
> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
> <faerber73@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>vvega wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm which, instead

> of
>
>>>beginning from the center, it begins from left and scrolls to right?

>>DW can create such effects with layers.

> They are not layers, a netscape 4.x phenomenon.. They are div's manipulated
> with javascript. Microsoft would call this "DHTML".

duh.

Yes they ARE layers in the most generic sense of the word. If you are
trying to explain how divs work to a client, the word "layer" is a much
easier way to describe the functionality.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

WebcastMaker 10-11-2004 12:20 PM

Re: Dhtml script

In article <2svbtsF1pkv0lU1@uni-berlin.de>,
NOtheSpaceGirlSPAM@subhuman.net says...
> >>DW can create such effects with layers.

> > They are not layers, a netscape 4.x phenomenon.. They are div's manipulated
> > with javascript. Microsoft would call this "DHTML".

> duh.
> Yes they ARE layers in the most generic sense of the word. If you are
> trying to explain how divs work to a client, the word "layer" is a much
> easier way to describe the functionality.

Whoa.... Someone's cranky this morning....
--
WebcastMaker
Webcasting for free