Velocity Reviews

-   -   drop down menu (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159600-drop-down-menu.html)

Kajupa 10-08-2004 09:47 AM

drop down menu

Can someone take a look at the following page:

http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20Monsieur/

What can I do to make the links in the menu to open in the main-frame.
So for example 'Programma 2002-2003' has to open in the frame where you see
the flashmovie from Rock Monsieur.

Or does anyone else has a good alternative to write a dropdown menu in html?

Thanks a lot.

Roy Schestowitz 10-08-2004 09:53 AM

Re: drop down menu

Kajupa wrote:

> Can someone take a look at the following page:
>
> http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20Monsieur/
>
> What can I do to make the links in the menu to open in the main-frame.
> So for example 'Programma 2002-2003' has to open in the frame where you
> see the flashmovie from Rock Monsieur.
>
> Or does anyone else has a good alternative to write a dropdown menu in
> html?
>
> Thanks a lot.

You must specify a target for the links. For example, <A
HREF="2002-2003.htm" target=main_frame>2002-2003</A> will force it to open
in a separate frame named 'main_frame'. For drop-down menus, this is quite
similar and it depends on your implementation.

By the way, your page killed my Konqueror. Perhaps you have some corrupt
code there. I can open it with Mozilla.

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

brucie 10-08-2004 11:23 AM

Re: drop down menu

In alt.html Kajupa said:

> http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20Monsieur/

spaces and mixed case isn't a good idea. an even worse idea is using
frames which has been scientifically and independently proven on cute
furry little bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

don't be mean to cute furry little bunnies.

http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s

rf 10-08-2004 12:17 PM

Re: drop down menu

Kajupa wrote

> http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20Monsieur/

What menu?

I see a bunch of select elements on a black background. I also see a
toaster. I don't see any menu.

Wait, I'll shut down IE and start Mozilla.

I see a bunch of select elements on a black background. I also see a white
rectangle. I don't see any menu.

Time to rethink your design...

--
Cheers
Richard.

SpaceGirl 10-08-2004 12:21 PM

Re: drop down menu

brucie wrote:

> bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

brucie 10-08-2004 12:23 PM

Re: drop down menu

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

>> bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

> Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

^^^^^^^^^ playboy

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s

SpaceGirl 10-08-2004 12:28 PM

Re: drop down menu

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
>

>>>bunnies to cause their peepee and/or boobies to fall off.

>>Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

> ^^^^^^^^^ playboy

Oh.

Well anyway.

:)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Neal 10-08-2004 12:42 PM

Re: drop down menu

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:28:12 +0100, SpaceGirl
<NOtheSpaceGirlSPAM@subhuman.net> wrote:

> brucie wrote:
>>> Hmmm someone better warn Penthouse.

>> ^^^^^^^^^ playboy

> Oh.
>
> Well anyway.

Can't pull the wool over brucie's eyes. (Perhaps if it's still on the
sheep...)

SpaceGirl 10-08-2004 12:46 PM

Re: drop down menu

Neal wrote:

> Can't pull the wool over brucie's eyes. (Perhaps if it's still on the
> sheep...)

He's just a little lamb...

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jeffrey Silverman 10-08-2004 01:31 PM

Re: drop down menu

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:47:06 +0200, Kajupa wrote:

> Can someone take a look at the following page:
>
> http://www.crosswood.be/Rock%20Monsieur/

I know this is not what you asked for and I also know that this was kinda
pointed out by brucie, but I just want to reiterate: DON'T USE SPACES IN
URLs!! Okay, there you go.

Why not? There are a bunch of reasons, but just trust me on this one. I
know, I know, it is *possible* to use spaces in a URL, but it is also
possible for me to stick a lightbulb up my ass[1]. But you don't see me
doing that, do you?

[1] is "Ass" a bad word? I have been arguing with my wife over this one,
and I say it is not.
--
Jeffrey Silverman
jeffreyPANTS@jhu.edu