Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159570-is-longdesc-recognized-by-screen-readers.html)

Karl Core 10-05-2004 04:23 PM

Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.
Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
readers?

TIA

-Karl

jake 10-05-2004 05:41 PM

Re: Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

In message <cjuhq4$es7$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>, Karl Core
<karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com> writes
>All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.
>Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
>readers?
>
>TIA
>
>-Karl

Yes. In HPR it is.

It sets up a link called 'image description'.

http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/HPR01Y.JPG (67k)

regards.
--
Jake

Edwin van der Vaart 10-05-2004 06:17 PM

Karl Core schreef:
> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
pop-up and porn).
--
Edwin van der Vaart

brucie 10-05-2004 08:18 PM

In alt.html Karl Core said:

> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

steal them from the home of someone who uses them and just for a laugh
move the furniture around before you leave.

http://www.juicystudio.com/assistivedeviceschart.asp

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e

Sam Hughes 10-05-2004 08:27 PM

Re: Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

Edwin van der Vaart <picayunish2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
$fQ5.144@amstwist00:

> Karl Core schreef:
>> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

> Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
> pop-up and porn).

That's illegal.

Just so you know.

Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
programs.

Edwin van der Vaart 10-05-2004 08:44 PM

Sam Hughes schreef:
> Edwin van der Vaart <picayunish2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
> $fQ5.144@amstwist00:
>
>>Karl Core schreef:
>>
>>>All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

>>Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
>>pop-up and porn).

> That's illegal.

What's illegal?
The pop-up, the porn or the cracks :o)

> Just so you know.

Yeah, I know.

> Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
> programs.

I respect also the programmers and the law.
Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
version.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Karl Core 10-06-2004 12:33 AM

"brucie" <****@usenetshit.info> wrote in message
> In alt.html Karl Core said:
>> Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
>> readers?

> http://www.juicystudio.com/assistivedeviceschart.asp

I love you, Brucie.

-Karl

brucie 10-06-2004 01:24 AM

In alt.html Karl Core said:

> I love you, Brucie.

it would mean so much more in person

--
l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e

Neal 10-06-2004 02:29 AM

Re: Is "longdesc" recognized by screen readers?

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
<picayunish2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
> use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
> version.

Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If I
decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy my
own.

(awaiting the expected argument, prepared)

Edwin van der Vaart 10-06-2004 07:24 AM

Neal schreef:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
> <picayunish2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder
>> to use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the
>> full version.

> Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If
> I decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy
> my own.

:-?
--
Edwin van der Vaart