Velocity Reviews

-   -   Refreshing a frames page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159491-refreshing-a-frames-page.html)

Jim Hudd 09-25-2004 08:19 AM

Refreshing a frames page

I've a page with 3 frames; banner across the top, menu on the left and main
frame as the rest. After navigating into the site a bit, hitting refresh
always bring the site back to the initial page, presumably because the
frameset page is being refreshed rather than the pages within the frame

What I'd like to have happen is just the page in the main frame refresh -
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jim.

Nico Schuyt 09-25-2004 08:39 AM

Re: Refreshing a frames page

Jim Hudd wrote:
> I've a page with 3 frames; banner across the top, menu on the left
> and main frame as the rest. After navigating into the site a bit,
> hitting refresh always bring the site back to the initial page,
> presumably because the frameset page is being refreshed rather than
> the pages within the frame

Normal frame behavior.
Other problems
- visitors will find orphaned pages (without menu) after a search in Google
- You cann't refer to a specific page

> What I'd like to have happen is just the page in the main frame
> refresh - anyone know how to do this?

Dump the frame. To include the menu on every page for example it's nothing
more than <? include "menu.htm"; ?> on every page
(if your webserver supports PHP)

Good luck!

--
Nico
www.nicoschuyt.nl

Karl Groves 09-27-2004 06:06 PM

Re: Refreshing a frames page

"Jim Hudd" <jim.hudd.news@fireflyuk.net> wrote in message
> I've a page with 3 frames;

I'm sorry to hear that.

-Karl

Dan Abrey 09-27-2004 09:30 PM

Re: Refreshing a frames page

"Karl Groves" <karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com> wrote in message

> "Jim Hudd" <jim.hudd.news@fireflyuk.net> wrote in message
> > I've a page with 3 frames;

> I'm sorry to hear that.

Okay, might have had a moan at you in another thread, but I give, that's
pretty funny ;-)