Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSNTV Browser Updated (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t159054-msntv-browser-updated.html)

Davmagic .Com 08-12-2004 11:51 PM

MSNTV Browser Updated

For those of you Designing to accomodate the small percentage of users
on WebTv... MSN has Upgraded their Browser to level 2.9

The Upgrade has CSS improvements, along with other additions...

However you can't "see" these on the MSNTV Viewer (a downloadable Viewer
for PC's) because it is still at the previous 2.8.2 level...

MSNTV's Developer site gives no indication of when the Viewer will be
Upgraded...

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

C A Upsdell 08-13-2004 12:50 AM

Re: MSNTV Browser Updated

"Davmagic .Com" <DLSD@webtv.net> wrote in message
> For those of you Designing to accomodate the small percentage of users
> on WebTv... MSN has Upgraded their Browser to level 2.9

Is there a web page mentioning this?

Davmagic .Com 08-13-2004 11:45 AM

Re: MSNTV Browser Updated

>From:
>cupsdell0311XXX@-@-@XXXrogers.com
>(C*A*Upsdell)
>Is there a web page mentioning this?

No, not really... the Upgrades are merely "rolled out" to all current
MSNTV subscribers (approx 1 million or so)... on an individual basis...
each set-top box is then downloaded with the Upgrade software... taking
about 15-30 min

There's no public announcement per se...

You could Google for it, or check the MSNTV Developer Support Forums:
http://developer.msntv.com/

Karl Groves 08-13-2004 12:24 PM

Re: MSNTV Browser Updated

Well, I am definitely happy to know that .04% of my users have a better
browser experience.
Maybe MicroSuck should spend more time fixing the browser that has 97% of
market share?

-Karl

C A Upsdell 08-13-2004 03:06 PM

Re: MSNTV Browser Updated

"Karl Groves" <karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com> wrote in message
> Maybe MicroSuck should spend more time fixing the browser that has 97% of
> market share?

Less than 97% for most people, though the % depends on the audience. For my
site 29% use Mozilla-based browsers: only 57% use IE.

Neal 08-13-2004 03:21 PM

Re: MSNTV Browser Updated

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:24:44 -0400, Karl Groves <karl@NOSPAMkarlcore.com>
wrote:

> Well, I am definitely happy to know that .04% of my users have a better
> browser experience.
> Maybe MicroSuck should spend more time fixing the browser that has 97% of
> market share?

Then again, if you've ever seen MSNTV, you'll appreciate why it needed
repair far more than IE. IE is practically a conforming user agent by
comparison.