Velocity Reviews

-   -   display: inline (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t158780-display-inline.html)

King of Red Lions 07-19-2004 07:48 PM

display: inline

Hello people. I am still stuck on the same obstacle, is it possible, using
display: inline, to get the following eefect with paragraphs? Any help
would be much appreciated.

Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 2
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1
Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 1

Kris 07-19-2004 07:53 PM

Re: display: inline

In article <Xns952BD4A3E6313blindsya@195.92.193.157>,
King of Red Lions <bob@bob.com> wrote:

> Hello people. I am still stuck on the same obstacle, is it possible, using
> display: inline, to get the following eefect with paragraphs? Any help
> would be much appreciated.

1 1 2
1 1 1

Maybe this helps.
<http://www.alistapart.com/articles/negativemargins/>

--
Kris
<kristiaan@xs4all.netherlands> (nl)

Mark Parnell 07-19-2004 10:41 PM

Re: display: inline

On 19 Jul 2004 19:48:35 GMT, King of Red Lions <bob@bob.com> declared in
alt.html:

> Hello people. I am still stuck on the same obstacle, is it possible, using
> display: inline, to get the following eefect with paragraphs?

Not with display: inline. Try float: right; on the second paragraph.
Will need some further tweaking, but that should point you in the right
direction.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Toby Inkster 07-19-2004 11:22 PM

Re: display: inline

King of Red Lions wrote:

> Hello people. I am still stuck on the same obstacle, is it possible, using
> display: inline, to get the following eefect with paragraphs?

For this effect:

p1 p2
p1 p1

Do this:

Ought to work. Note though that if viewed in a non-CSS browser, p2 will
appear before p1. You'll have to decide for yourself whether it would make
sense that way!

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS