Velocity Reviews

-   -   Quick Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t158582-quick-question.html)

Neal 07-02-2004 07:09 PM

Re: Quick Question

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:04:05 GMT, MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk
<hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a website which displays the codes for
> getting
> rid of banners and popups for free web hosting sites.
>
> I remember finding one a while back but haven't been able to find it.
> Thanks

If you get caught circumventing the way your space gets paid for, you'll
be booted. Not wise at all.

Best way to avoid banners and popups you don't want is to pony up the
measly $100 a year and get your own domain name and server space. Far
cheaper than some hack to get around advertisement on a free site when you
consider that your hosting will constantly be in jeopardy, and you're just
waiting to get caught and taken down.

Kris 07-02-2004 07:09 PM

Re: Quick Question

In article <VcjFc.214$UF4.83@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>,
"MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a website which displays the codes for getting
> rid of banners and popups for free web hosting sites.

So you can rip your free host off? Go find a summer job, so you can pay
for a lousy 20 bucks domain.

--
Kris
<kristiaan@xs4all.netherlands> (nl)

TJ 07-02-2004 07:22 PM

Re: Quick Question

Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:04:05 GMT, MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk
> <hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a website which displays the codes for
> > getting
> > rid of banners and popups for free web hosting sites.
> >
> > I remember finding one a while back but haven't been able to find
> > it. Thanks

> If you get caught circumventing the way your space gets paid for,
> you'll be booted. Not wise at all.
>
> Best way to avoid banners and popups you don't want is to pony up the
> measly $100 a year and get your own domain name and server space. Far
> cheaper than some hack to get around advertisement on a free site
> when you consider that your hosting will constantly be in jeopardy,
> and you're just waiting to get caught and taken down.

b-b-BUT! ... He's like, "MagicFreebiesUK" and stuff.

How can he be expected to work his "magic" with sensible replies such as
this?

Neal 07-02-2004 07:46 PM

Re: Quick Question

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:43:31 GMT, MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk
<hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:

> sorry, exactly TJ I'm always on the blag and i'm pretty goddam magic at
> it
> too, i take it these sites are pretty hot onto these sort of "crimes"
> then?

Posting your reply to your own post instead of the post you're actually
replying to is a crime against conversation.

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk 07-02-2004 08:04 PM

Quick Question

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a website which displays the codes for getting
rid of banners and popups for free web hosting sites.

I remember finding one a while back but haven't been able to find it.
Thanks
--
MagicFreebiesUK
http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk
Free Stuff for the UK!!!

Dylan Parry 07-02-2004 08:05 PM

Re: Quick Question

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:

> i take it these sites are pretty hot onto these sort of "crimes" then?

Theft is theft. Don't try to belittle a crime just because it's only a
"measly banner" that you are trying to remove.

--
Dylan Parry

TJ 07-02-2004 08:16 PM

Re: Quick Question

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk <hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:

> "Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:43:31 GMT, MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk
> > <hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:
> >

> > > sorry, exactly TJ I'm always on the blag and i'm pretty goddam
> > > magic at it
> > > too, i take it these sites are pretty hot onto these sort of
> > > "crimes" then?

What the hell does, "on the blag" mean? I'm not familiar with the term.

> > Posting your reply to your own post instead of the post you're
> > actually replying to is a crime against conversation.

Somehow? I don't think it cares.

> Take me down!!

No need. You'll do that soon enough all by yourself I suspect.

Besides? You haven't done anything "wrong", and you're too stupid to figure
out how to break a frame.

No more need be said.

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk 07-02-2004 08:43 PM

Re: Quick Question

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk 07-02-2004 08:56 PM

Re: Quick Question

MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk 07-02-2004 09:30 PM

Re: Quick Question

"TJ" <none@nope.invalid> wrote in message
> MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk <hjhsjns@dnkdcc.com> wrote:
>
> > "Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> What the hell does, "on the blag" mean? I'm not familiar with the term.
>
> > > Posting your reply to your own post instead of the post you're
> > > actually replying to is a crime against conversation.

> Somehow? I don't think it cares.
>
> > Take me down!!

> No need. You'll do that soon enough all by yourself I suspect.
>
> Besides? You haven't done anything "wrong", and you're too stupid to

figure
> out how to break a frame.
>
> No more need be said.

I don't think it stupidity TJ I think its unwillingness or lack of time to
learn, just cos you've learnt how to break a frame doesn't make you
intelligent, in the same way me knowing what "on the blag" means and you not
doesn't make you stupid.