Velocity Reviews

-   -   Are these pictures too dark or/and too large? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t158082-are-these-pictures-too-dark-or-and-too-large.html)

Luigi Donatello Asero 05-19-2004 10:54 AM

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...etitalien.html

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italienkarta.html

Whitecrest 05-19-2004 11:19 AM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

In article <P1Hqc.92890$dP1.294106@newsc.telia.net>,
jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...
> Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...etitalien.html

They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them. You also may
want to look into a wide-angle lens for the camera to get better images
of the rooms, or take several shots and turn it into a panoramic view of
the room.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Luigi Donatello Asero 05-19-2004 04:51 PM

"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@whitecrestziopzap.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:MPG.1b150cb0769f4587989c52@news.charter.net.. .
> In article <P1Hqc.92890$dP1.294106@newsc.telia.net>,
> jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...
> > Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...etitalien.html

> They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
who have a modem connection?

Frogleg 05-19-2004 05:17 PM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:

>"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@whitecrestziopzap.com>

>> jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...

>> > Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?
>> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html
>> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...etitalien.html

>> They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

>Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
>who have a modem connection?

They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

Luigi Donatello Asero 05-19-2004 05:36 PM

"Frogleg" <frogleg@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:
>

> >"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@whitecrestziopzap.com>

> >> jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...

> >> They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

> >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

users
> >who have a modem connection?

> They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
> compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
> this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
> a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
among other holiday lodgings).
An apartment does not usually such a fine closet as a hotel, does it?

Luigi Donatello Asero 05-19-2004 05:38 PM

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Frogleg" <frogleg@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> > <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:
> >

> > >"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@whitecrestziopzap.com>

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html

> > >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

> users
> > >who have a modem connection?

> > They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
> > compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
> > this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
> > a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

> It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
> tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
> among other holiday lodgings).
> An apartment does not usually such a fine closet as a hotel, does it?

The apartment is in the villa which is shown here:

Luigi Donatello Asero 05-19-2004 05:41 PM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Frogleg" <frogleg@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> > <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote:
> >

> > >"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@whitecrestziopzap.com>

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html

> > >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

> users
> > >who have a modem connection?

> > They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
> > compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
> > this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
> > a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

> It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
> tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
> among other holiday lodgings).

That means that the closet is a part of the apartment.

nice.guy.nige 05-19-2004 08:08 PM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

While the city slept, Luigi Donatello Asero <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com>
feverishly typed:

> It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
> tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment
> ( among other holiday lodgings).

Any discounts for alt.html regulars?? ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. nigel@nigenetDOG.org.uk. Take the dog out!

Whitecrest 05-20-2004 12:26 AM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

In article <JgMqc.92918$dP1.294350@newsc.telia.net>,
jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...
> > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...dicatania.html
> > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...etitalien.html

> > They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

> Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
> who have a modem connection?

It is over 50K for the two images. 56K might not mind, but anyone
connecting slower might. You can probably optimize them a little and not
loose any noticeable detail and make them smalle. (but then I don't
know where you started with them and they may be optimized as far as
they can go without losing quality)

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Whitecrest 05-20-2004 12:29 AM

Re: Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?

In article <2h1t70F85hu4U1@uni-berlin.de>, nigel_moss@deadspam.com
says...
> > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
> > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment
> > ( among other holiday lodgings).

> Any discounts for alt.html regulars?? ;-)

No kidding, I would be on a waiting list.
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com