Velocity Reviews

-   -   Good Server Stats program? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t157960-good-server-stats-program.html)

CitizenX 05-07-2004 04:57 PM

Good Server Stats program?

I'll admint it, Im a GUI guy. I like the power of a consol but I really
like GUI's.

I am looking for a good GUI server stats analizer, the server for this site
is pulling approx 300,k hits per month and the stats out put by the log
files are rather hard for humans to read.

Several years ago I was working on a site hosted by earthlink, the web
stats interface that earthlink uses is very robust, easily customizable and
oput puts the info in a was that a goofy Gui can read it. I wish I knew the
name of that program that earthlink uses (HINT!)

Anyone suggest a good log reader?

N8

Marc Bissonnette 05-07-2004 05:41 PM

Re: Good Server Stats program?

CitizenX <list_serve@No_hotmail-SPAM.com> wrote in
news:Xns94E2794A877F0listserveNohotmailSP@129.250. 170.83:

> I'll admint it, Im a GUI guy. I like the power of a consol but I
> really like GUI's.
>
> I am looking for a good GUI server stats analizer, the server for this
> site is pulling approx 300,k hits per month and the stats out put by
> the log files are rather hard for humans to read.
>
> Several years ago I was working on a site hosted by earthlink, the web
> stats interface that earthlink uses is very robust, easily
> customizable and oput puts the info in a was that a goofy Gui can read
> it. I wish I knew the name of that program that earthlink uses
> (HINT!)
>
> Anyone suggest a good log reader?

Analog is a great free stats reader and creates a few purdy charts and
graphs.

A client of mine recently purchased Urchin for server-side stats analysis
and I've gotta admit, it's a classy program with some decent output for the
suit-types :)

--
Marc Bissonnette
CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

Chris Hope 05-07-2004 08:40 PM

CitizenX wrote:

> Anyone suggest a good log reader?

http://www.awstats.org/

I haven't actually tried it myself yet (will be doing so this weekend) but
it looks quite good. And it's free.

--
Chris Hope
The Electric Toolbox - http://www.electrictoolbox.com/