Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t157835-re-how-to-update-news-articles-on-website.html)

Keeper 04-27-2004 07:37 PM

Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE?

yup.

welcome to the world of dynamicly produced HTML, via CGI_perl.
It works with a data base. and a sever with perl interpreters.. there is
lots of info on the net about CGI.. look it up

Later,
Keeper

"barb28" <barb28@rock.com> wrote in message
news:9a3d5e23.0403302336.5cc144a@posting.google.co m...
> Hello, I have a kind of theoretical question.
> Let's say you have a newsletter/website, and every
> day you add the latest news or whatever.
>
> How do you update this, without having to change
> every link by hand? Many years ago, our crafts club
> had a website and every time we updated it, we had
> to go through by hand and change page1.html page2.html
> etc.
>
> Has this gotten any easier over the years? Any comments
> appreciated!

---